Grease Gun Help!

/ Grease Gun Help! #11  
wait til tomorrow a.m. - sounds like a job for "MESS MAN" aka my wife's husband /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif
mike

/ Grease Gun Help! #12  
If you want to use it without the canisters, buy grease in the 5 gal pail. Then, with the plunger of the gun still all the way forward, stick the open end of the gun tube into the grease. Pull the plunger back while pushing the gun tube down into the grease. Lock the plunger back when it's all the way down in pail of grease and then pull the gun tube back out of the grease pail. Wipe off the excess grease. Screw the top back on then release the plunger.

/ Grease Gun Help!
Well....I feel like a complete idiot now!

I took it apart and wiped it out and there it was. The original cartridge that came in it 6 years ago!

I have been putting the grease in by hand for 6 years!!!!!!

Well...pulled out the old one and the new one slid right in. Didn't even get my hands dirty! I can't say that about my old method!!!!!!

Well I guess it takes things like this in life to keep you humble!

Thanks for the help. If it wasn't for the great advise her on TBN I would still be filling my gun by hand!

/ Grease Gun Help! #14  
Welcome to the HUMBLE club!

Being kept humble is a normal course of events for me. Every time I get too full of myself something comes along and shows me just how much I can be brought down.

Don

/ Grease Gun Help! #15  
A friend of mine had that happen to her when putting in a new cartridge - IN HER LIVING ROOM !!!! The sight of that great big glob lofting through the air - A thing of beauty - until it landed.
I laughed so hard I thought I was gonna die - or maybe she was gonna kill me ....

Brad in NH

/ Grease Gun Help! #17  
bnixon - Glad I could help. I pretty much felt like a dork when I found a cartridge in my gun.

That's what's so nice about this board. You're usually not the first person to run into a problem. C

/ Grease Gun Help! #18  
I was just in my local NAPA, and after reading this post earlier...was looking at their guns.

They have a air powered one on sale for $29.99, regularly $51.00.

/ Grease Gun Help! #19  
I have an air powered grease gun and love it.

/ Grease Gun Help! #20  
Bnixon,

Look at Clemson's reply because I do the same thing with ONE ADDITION. My grease gun has a primer on it and I didn't know it when I first bought it. I don't have the gun in front of me but after pondering what this "primer" was the first time I loaded the gun and didn't get grease, I played it for a while and then it hit me what it was. Check and make sure yours has a primer which feeds grease into the line. I think I had to turn it, pump the handle a few times, then close it. It's been a long time ago but I guess the point is, look and see if there's a way to prime it.