How many hours on your hst transmission no matter who made it.

/ How many hours on your hst transmission no matter who made it. #1  

dex3361

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L4400-1 HST,FEL, 3x3 remotes, TNT. BX1500 54 mmm
I see a lot of "How many hours" threads and it may have already been asked but here goes anyway. How many hours do you have on your tractor that has a
Hydro Static Transmission (HST). It doesn't matter what brand it is I am just curious about age survival. If you have a HST tractor that had a transmission failure list that too. I have a 37 year old Cub Cadet that doesn't have an hour meter but I have had it for 14 years. I mowed with the Cub Cadet 5 hours a week for 7 months out of the year which works out to be approx 1800 hours and this garden tractor had worn out a K series Kohler engine before I got it. I have had no issues with the HST and I list it because it is the swash plate type HST, that is the design that most if not all SCUT and CUT utilize.

/ How many hours on your hst transmission no matter who made it. #2  
2008 bobcat CT335 w/60 hrs on it. So far so good, not a lick of trouble.:)

Attachments

• 100_0071.jpg
    100_0071.jpg
    777.8 KB · Views: 210
   / How many hours on your hst transmission no matter who made it. #3  
Side question;
Who makes most of the hydro transmissions ?

I am assuming that they are "supplier" items, much as tires are.
Just assuming, without any basis (-:

/ How many hours on your hst transmission no matter who made it. #4  
1500+ on my 3710 HST, great friggin tractor!

/ How many hours on your hst transmission no matter who made it. #6  
2006 JD3320 eHydro. 401 hrs. No problems. The hydro power train is made by Sauer-Danfoss.

/ How many hours on your hst transmission no matter who made it.
2006 JD3320 eHydro. 401 hrs. No problems. The hydro power train is made by Sauer-Danfoss.

I wonder who makes the Kubota HST.

/ How many hours on your hst transmission no matter who made it. #8  
970 Hours on my 2004 Kubota L3130 HST
240 Hours on my 2003 New Holland TC 18 HST

/ How many hours on your hst transmission no matter who made it. #9  
Kubota BX2350 220 hours, no problems so far. I'm betting the major tractor makers make there own HST's, but I'm not sure.

/ How many hours on your hst transmission no matter who made it. #10  
Late 70's IH2500B. Over 4500 when I got it. In 10 years I probably put another 4-5 hundred on it before I sent it off to the big salvage yard in the sky. The tranny was still running strong. The steering castings, cab, gas tank and sheet metal were trashed and the engine had some issues, but the tranny was just fine. It was a 50PTOHP 4 cylinder gas industrial tractor loader. That is, non-removable FEL on the front and 3PT hitch on the rear. Weighed about 8000#. Was thoroughly abused. ;)