Tractor
    JD 2210

Default Seat time today

I had some serious seat time today. Don't think this lake effect snow is ever going to quit. Looks like this storm is now going to be a 3 day blizzard with the lake effect stuff. I cleared out 4 inches last night, 12 inched today, going to go do another 4-5 inches yet this evening and then again tomorrow morning. Doing my driveway (400 ft), the outlaws drive (60 ft) and a neighbors driveway(600 ft). I think I was glued to the seat today. Real heavy snow with 1/2 inch of slush and ice on the bottom! 3 hours today alone.
    Bill 2210, 210 fel 53", 62" mmm, Ballast Box, 47" Snowblower, I-Match, Curtis heated SS Cab, 854 TracVac, forks

Tractor
    Kubota B3030 HSTC

Default Re: Seat time today

Well I'm trying not to complain but we still have virtually no snow. I haven't even started the tractor in the last two days and the day before that I started it to move it so I could run the truck in the shop to change the oil. I was thinking maybe I should put the flail mower back on and cut some more trails, brush should be just as easy to cut when it's frozen, shouldn't it? It is a lot easier to see what you are getting into with the leaves gone. I'll need to fill the wood rack in a couple more days, that should be good for .5 hours.
    Rod.
    B3030HSDC, LA403 FEL, B2782A front blower, B5320 ballast box, Landpride-BH, RFM, tiller, FM2060 flail, GS1572 grader/scraper, BX42 chipper, PTO generator, homebuilt splitter and 3pt carry all.

Tractor
    Kubota L2800HST w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046

Home away from home as they say.
    I like to push snow around..4 hours yesterday,my yard also neighbor..but you folks around the lakes it seems to be a part time job..yikes.

Keep the coffee hot and tractor diesel tank full.

Tractor
    Kubota Grand L 3240HST

I spent a couple hours on Wednesday clearing my drive and two neighbors. We only got around 5 - 6 inches then freezing rain. Any snow that was not removed is rock hard ice now. Next storm is Sunday into Monday
    Kubota L3240HST, LA724 FEL, 72" bucket, snow plow, Loader Buddy, Bradco Pallet Forks, Stoll 4in1, EA Grapple, Leinbach 72" pine straw rake, GroundWorks brush forks and Kubota L series ballast box.
    ---------------------------
    Ferris Evolution 52" ZTR
    --------------------------
    Stihl stuff

"Ranchin'" on a 1/4 of a 1/4 in Seminole County, Oklahoma!
    Tractor
    2004 Kubota M4800 SU

Announcement of seat time should always be followed up with visual aids!

Jay
    Jay

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14 NKJV

Tractor
    Kioti DK35, Ford 8N, Oliver Cletrac

Don't you just love Lake Effect. I have all of 1" in my yard and 9 miles to the south of me they have had 24" in the last 24 hours, and it's still coming down. The wind changes by 1/2 degree and the whole pattern changes they will quit getting any and I'll get the next 24 inches.
    I can't control my day but I can control my attitude.

Tractor
    JD 2210

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Home away from home as they say.
    I like to push snow around..4 hours yesterday,my yard also neighbor..but you folks around the lakes it seems to be a part time job..yikes.

Keep the coffee hot and tractor diesel tank full.
    Almost to the point that you know you are gonna get up at 4:30 or so, just so you can go clear the drive and make it passable. Then know, when you get home you get to do it again, then plan for the next morning to do it again. The heated cab was the best buy I have made...bar none
    Bill 2210, 210 fel 53", 62" mmm, Ballast Box, 47" Snowblower, I-Match, Curtis heated SS Cab, 854 TracVac, forks

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400, Cat 303.5 excavator, John Deere 870

We had about 1-2 inches of real snow last Friday night, Dec. 4th. We stayed up practically all night with the outside lights on just to watch the snow fall. The springer spaniel ran around like he was in heaven. I drove the tractor around just to see the tracks in the snow (didn't come close to getting stuck). School cancelled all school activities, even the inside basketball game. They all stayed home the next day. I couldn't wait to drive to work in the snow the next morning.
    My point is.... I probably read every post about snow. I love snow/tractor pictures. Another tractor challenge, another excuse to get on the tractor. You snow guys are blessed.
    Eddie.
    Kubota 4400DL, FEL, toothbar, Speeco quick hitch, 5'disk, 5'rear mower, 5'rake, 5'harrow, turn plow, 5'box blade, middle buster, subsoiler, 4'finish mower, boompole, Dehner grapple w WR Long 3rd valve.

Tractor
    Kubota BX23 & RTV1100

Got four triaxle loads of mud from a sewer project in town. With the tempature at 15 and negative windchills, figured I better move that mess before it froze. No fun at all without a cab. The pile they dumped on Thursday is like a Jersey barrier now. may not be able to budge that one until July.

It's free though, no complaints.
    BX23TLB with 54" MMM
    RTV1100 with 72" Power Angle Plow
    Polaris Sportsman 570 Touring