Seat time today

/ Seat time today #1  

Wildbill34

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 2210
I had some serious seat time today. Don't think this lake effect snow is ever going to quit. Looks like this storm is now going to be a 3 day blizzard with the lake effect stuff. I cleared out 4 inches last night, 12 inched today, going to go do another 4-5 inches yet this evening and then again tomorrow morning. Doing my driveway (400 ft), the outlaws drive (60 ft) and a neighbors driveway(600 ft). I think I was glued to the seat today. Real heavy snow with 1/2 inch of slush and ice on the bottom! 3 hours today alone.

/ Seat time today #2  
Well I'm trying not to complain but we still have virtually no snow. I haven't even started the tractor in the last two days and the day before that I started it to move it so I could run the truck in the shop to change the oil. I was thinking maybe I should put the flail mower back on and cut some more trails, brush should be just as easy to cut when it's frozen:confused:, shouldn't it? It is a lot easier to see what you are getting into with the leaves gone. I'll need to fill the wood rack in a couple more days, that should be good for .5 hours.

/ Seat time today #3  
Home away from home as they say. ;)
I like to push snow around..4 hours yesterday,my yard also neighbor..but you folks around the lakes it seems to be a part time job..yikes.

Keep the coffee hot and tractor diesel tank full. :)

/ Seat time today #4  
I spent a couple hours on Wednesday clearing my drive and two neighbors. We only got around 5 - 6 inches then freezing rain. Any snow that was not removed is rock hard ice now. Next storm is Sunday into Monday :D

/ Seat time today #6  
Don't you just love Lake Effect. I have all of 1" in my yard and 9 miles to the south of me they have had 24" in the last 24 hours, and it's still coming down. The wind changes by 1/2 degree and the whole pattern changes they will quit getting any and I'll get the next 24 inches.

/ Seat time today
Home away from home as they say. ;)
I like to push snow around..4 hours yesterday,my yard also neighbor..but you folks around the lakes it seems to be a part time job..yikes.

Keep the coffee hot and tractor diesel tank full. :)

Almost to the point that you know you are gonna get up at 4:30 or so, just so you can go clear the drive and make it passable. Then know, when you get home you get to do it again, then plan for the next morning to do it again. The heated cab was the best buy I have made...bar none

/ Seat time today #8  
We had about 1-2 inches of real snow last Friday night, Dec. 4th. We stayed up practically all night with the outside lights on just to watch the snow fall. The springer spaniel ran around like he was in heaven. I drove the tractor around just to see the tracks in the snow (didn't come close to getting stuck). School cancelled all school activities, even the inside basketball game. They all stayed home the next day. I couldn't wait to drive to work in the snow the next morning.
My point is.... I probably read every post about snow. I love snow/tractor pictures. Another tractor challenge, another excuse to get on the tractor. You snow guys are blessed.

/ Seat time today #9  
Got four triaxle loads of mud from a sewer project in town. With the tempature at 15 and negative windchills, figured I better move that mess before it froze. No fun at all without a cab. The pile they dumped on Thursday is like a Jersey barrier now. may not be able to budge that one until July.:(

It's free though, no complaints.