Tires Right tires for newly paved 400' driveway?

/ Right tires for newly paved 400' driveway?
I do have 2 wheel weights on each wheel, about 150-200 lbs. per side. I may just have to try that or add weight to the blade frame. If all else fails, I just be forced to put the chains on.

/ Right tires for newly paved 400' driveway? #12  
My previous tractor, B3030, had the R4 industrial tires loaded with rim gaurd and my current GL3240 has the R3 turf tires. The turfs work much better than the industrials in snow. At least on a blacktop driveway. The only time I can see chains helping is with ice.

My neighbors tractor is about the same size as mine. His goes better in the snow (more powerful) than mine because of the 500 lbs. of beet juice in each tire. We are getting a storm tonight, so I'll try my turf tires with 150 lbs. wheel weights on each and see how I do. If bad, I think I'll add beet juice to my turfs. Then buy a 2nd pair of rear tires and wheels in the spring for mowing.:)

/ Right tires for newly paved 400' driveway? #14  
I just used my Mahindra 2516 4x4 with R4's to remove 6" of heavy wet snow off my blacktop driveway. High gear, 2nd gear and a 5' backblade offset worked great.

Are your R4's liquid weighted??

/ Right tires for newly paved 400' driveway? #16  
If you study carefully the treads on turfs (R 3's) you'll soon decide that they more closely resemble automotive snow tires, at least more so than industrial tires that seem closer to being slicks, well maybe 1/2 slicks.

/ Right tires for newly paved 400' driveway? #17  
While R-4's look like they would be more aggressive, and are in some conditions, the rubber compound is hard for industrial use wear, and puncture protection, and the bearing surface is wide. I only have slight inclines on my land, but found I needed chains for use in the winter, and my rear tires are loaded with rimguard.

/ Right tires for newly paved 400' driveway? #18  
I have turfs and use it in snow with no problems. I do agree chains is bad for paved driveway- I did it one year with a el cheapo tractor with vbar and it really made driveway look horrible in spring. If you need extra weight- why not take all the chains you have now (tow chains) and hang it on your backblade. This is what my neighbor told me to do with my back blade. When I slip and need traction, I just lift my 3 pt and all wieight transfers to rear wheels- boom I got instant traction!

/ Right tires for newly paved 400' driveway? #19  
I use turfs on my driveway...Have worked very well.

Don