80 hr update on new tractor

/ 80 hr update on new tractor #1  

swinn585

Tractor
mahindra 5500
I got my new Mahindra 5500 tractor in May and have 80 hrs now. Discing, mowing, brush clearing, moving rocks, dirt and hay and digging post holes. No brake in period here, in the field and working the first day. No leaks, nothing broke and no problems. Very satisfied with the tractor. Comfortable and easy to operate, smooth shifting. This was definety the right tractor for me. Love the ability of the tractor and loader and love the price. I am convinced you don't have to go with one of the big three to get what you need.

/ 80 hr update on new tractor #2  
<font color=blue>I am convinced you don't have to go with one of the big three to get what you need.
<font color=black>
I agree with you Swinn, but I'll go a step further. I'm convinced you get more tractor for less money if you stay away from the big three.

I've got 1/2 the hp and 1/2 the hours on my Mahindra, but couldn't be happier. I did have one problem though. One of the headlight bulbs was out when the tractor was delivered. I called the dealer a few days later and within a week I got the new bulb in the mail plus a baseball cap and the filter and oil for my first oil change.

I had jokingly told my dealer when he delivered the tractor that he was a great guy, but I fully expected not to have to talk to him again. I explained to him that I would take care of all the maintenance, oil changes, etc., but if he did hear from me I would demand prompt attention....I can't ask for anything more.

/ 80 hr update on new tractor #3  
You hit the nail right on the head. The big 3 make nice machines, but you pay extra for blue, orange or green paint. I have heard alot of good things about Mahindra. I am glad to see you're enjoying it.