Hydro's and brake pedals

/ Hydro's and brake pedals #21  
I use split brakes all the time when clearing snow or scooping soil or crushed stone from my driveway. Only way to steer with front wheels super light.

I would be lost without them.

Joel

/ Hydro's and brake pedals #22  
JB
I see no problem driving an auto tranny and using left foot for the brake. Whether it is on at the same time as accelerating, that is just an issue of skill. No offence that a traffic officer needs to be concerned about - IMO :) Seems officers have bigger fish to worry about, besides wearing car brake pads out faster. :)

This is an interesting thread.

/ Hydro's and brake pedals #23  
This is a good thread.

While we are on the topic of pedals, how about this.....My JD has a hand throttle and a foot throttle. I am horrible with the foot throttle. Every little bump I hit sort of rattles my foot on the pedal causing a jerking motion like to break my back.

Question....With these hydro pedals, are they easy to control or maintain speed when driving rough terrain.??

I solely use the hand throttle.

/ Hydro's and brake pedals #24  
My Mahindra 2810HST (rebranded TYM) has wheel brakes left, main brake right and separate hydro pedals right. Used them many times when I needed one rear to pull with the other braking.

/ Hydro's and brake pedals #25  
This is a good thread.

Question....With these hydro pedals, are they easy to control or maintain speed when driving rough terrain.?

Never been a problem on mine. I'd guess the hydro would dampen a shaking foot to some degree.

/ Hydro's and brake pedals #26  
Never been a problem on mine. I'd guess the hydro would dampen a shaking foot to some degree.

Yeah it's not really an issue. with the ehydro operating system there are added options. like setting the pedal reaction time to shorter or longer and another feature which I can't remember the name, where you set the max speed and no mater how far you push the pedal, even all the way down, you'll only go the preset speed you've chosen.

JB.

/ Hydro's and brake pedals #27  
If you are a fair weather hobby farmer the placement of the brakes probably doesn't matter much. However, if you're going to use your tractor on hills, snow plowing, going up and down muddy trailers, using a backhoe, trying to get in and out of really tight situations,Doing a lot of fork work, any thing that requires accurate tractor positioning, you will appreciate the John Deere placement of the steering brakes. I do not know of any heavy equipment manufacture that does not use the John Deere system on their backhoes.
As far as the HST pedal systems go ---Kubota heel to toe and John Deere side by side their both good, to me the Kubota system feels more natural, and less chance of making a mistake in direction especially with multiple operators.

/ Hydro's and brake pedals #28  
I just have to say that I am amused, baffled, confused and dazed over this thread....

I never thought of it, never had to considering I have a standard shift BUT, to have the breaks on the same side as the treadle throws me for a loop.!! Useless is the proper word, as stated above.

How many feet do we have on our right side.??

Un-real.

This thread could go on for miles.....

Yes, because nobody can get on the brakes to stop it!

Hardyharhar :)

/ Hydro's and brake pedals #29  
Yeah it's not really an issue. with the ehydro operating system there are added options. like setting the pedal reaction time to shorter or longer and another feature which I can't remember the name, where you set the max speed and no mater how far you push the pedal, even all the way down, you'll only go the preset speed you've chosen.

JB.

There, I learned something today. Good stuff right there.

/ Hydro's and brake pedals #30  
Having the brakes on the right side on the Kubota was one of the things that steered me away from that brand and over to JD! I just don't understand it.