Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B2410

Default Re: OUCH! Been bitten by the tractor bug!

Well I guess I'll throw my two cents in here. I have only used a MMM on CUT breifly (a B7100 as part of my test of the machine before buying years ago). I liked the way it worked and thought it was a good idea. It seemed to mount and dismount from the machine ok as compared to other attachments. BUT I decided for the size of my yard, I would use a dedicated mower, and spend the $2,300 on other attachments. I never regreted the decision, but I wanted a mower for my 'bota. So I recently bought a B6100 used with a kuboa 48" RFM, and a Woods RM550. Should have kept the B6100 but that is another story. Anyway I have two sizes of RFM. I currently use a kubota lawn tractor with a MMM, and the woods interchangably to mow. Frankly, the woods does a better job, and if you can drive your tractor with almost any attachment on it and not hit things you will not have any problem with a RFM. I find the RFM better for getting under things and the MMM better for mowing around things. Mowing the grassy parts of our place is not easy and it's cramped but the B2410 with the RFM goes anywhere, and sometimes it goes there with the loader, because I just get lazy sometimes and don't bother removing it. Good luck.

Hi All,

Well, at this point I am leaning strongly towards a RFM.

I do have a pond...80x40 feet...and a ditch to divert road run off, and another ditch behind the pond...so backing to mow to the edges would be an advantage I think.

Also the easier off/on feature is appealing. It is a drag getting the 46 inch deck out from under the little MTD garden tractor that I have now.

I looked at a RFM at the kubota dealers today...was surprised that they stick out the back almost as far as a brush hog rotary...but I can live with that I think.

All the people at the dealership recognize me now!

Thanks again for all the help. Now off to post another question...

Bill in Pgh PA

Rest in Peace
    Tractor
    kubota b2400- R4 tires

i have a b2400, and a rear finish mower, can get it off it 2 min. should be no problem. i use mine for keeping a field cut. mmm wil give u a better cut, but if u are not cutting lawn grass. the 3 point rfm is the way to go.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B2710

I have a RFM and it works fine. If I had it to do over again I would get a rear discharge (mine is side discharge), but I didn't want the hassle of a MMM mower. Whether the MMM cuts better or not I can't say, as I haven't used the MMM, but the rear mower couldn't do much better than it does. The RFM is definitely for lawn grass just like the MMM is. One advantage the MMM might have is the fact that only one pair of tires have run over it before the mower hits it. I notice
    this some on the brush hog, but not on the finish mower.

Given the ease of changing it out and the fact that it costs less, I would go with the RFM.

Tractor
    PT2445 and PT1850

<font color=blue> Also the easier off/on feature is appealing. </font color=blue>

Although neither orange nor green, if you like convenience, you will love [img]/w3tcompact/icons/love.gif[/img] the quick disconnect features on the Power Trac machines. What's more, you will have the unique choice of having your finish mower up in front....and can easily swap it off in seconds for any of 40 other attachments including tillers, trenchers, stump grinders, FEl, etc. More at www.power-trac.com. Also suggest you read some of the threads on the Power Trac forum here.

Now that you have been bitten, enjoy your search, but don't let your sense of urgency limit the possibilities!

Note: just noticed with this post I went Platinuim. Let's see now....a short six months plus a newbie verbose poster equals accolades??? At this rate I'll be an expert by the end of the year [img]/w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Tractor
    Kubota L3010 HST

You don't have to "respectfully" disagree with me on this..I don't have a BH (which I should have mentioned) and you do. Experience counts over just surmising everytime.

Learned something in this thread also. One of the reasons I bought the 3010 was for future ease of adding the MMM (comes with a mid PTO std.). It seems I will probably be looking at the rear mower when the time comes based on comments I see here, and elsewhere.

Thanks for your post.

GS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12