JD 2210 Tractor Vibration

/ JD 2210 Tractor Vibration
Well,

Finally got a call from my mechanic buddy about finishing up the tractor (he was not feeling well light night). I got over there and he pretty much had it all back together with the exception of the cab and ROPS. So there I stood with camera in hand and nothing to take pictures of. So we put the cab and ROPS back on and took it for a spin. I have to say, it sounds better than when I first bought it. My neighbor down the street said he couldn't belive how quiet is was compared to what it was doing. He even said he didn't ever remember it being that quiet. Makes me wonder if this was, over time getting louder and louder and I didn't recognized it. I suspect it was...Sometimes when you hear things all the time you can tune them out and once they are fixed you kind of go wow, is that what its supposed to sound like.

Finally was able to get the snow out of my and my outlaws drive way. Things are all good and the repair cost was case of beer for my mechanic buddy, and $65 dollars in parts. A far cry from the $2200 quoted from Deere!

/ JD 2210 Tractor Vibration #22  
Are the joints you put in greaseable and did you figure out a way to get to the zerks.
Bill

These are not greasable joints. I had 5 firms looking for them and no one was able to come up with greaseable joints. Only these ungreaeable ones from Kubota were found to even fit. However, the ones in the tractor may be greaseable from underneath the tractor. Looks like you need to keep bumping the starter until they roll around. I seen other posts that suggest that a "needle grease tip" is the only way to do it. They are tough to find and get to and there is no discussion in either the operators manual or the technical manual on these joints. There even isn't anything in the manuals about repairing the dang things.

Bill

/ JD 2210 Tractor Vibration #24  
Don't ya just love a story like this with a happy ending ? If I had known there was beer involved, me and the dogs would have made the trip over there to supervise. KaZoo is just down the pike from Brighton...

There is a lot of benefit to pawing through the parts diagrams available on the JD website for your tractor and attachment's models. Just knowing what's where can give you some good clues on what's wrong.

You are more than welcome anytime.....your dogs can meet my dogs while we watch with the beer! I have 7 of them, we can't pack them all in the car....it would be a zoo....

Many thanks for your help.

/ JD 2210 Tractor Vibration #26  
I have a 2210 with 420 hrs on it. I don't notice it vibrating yet. Should I try to grease the original u joints? I'm thinking of trying to replace them with the Kubota joints. Sould I wait until they start making noise?

How soon are people experiancing problems with the u joints?

/ JD 2210 Tractor Vibration #27  
Jripper, I don't have a dog in this race but the sensible thing to me would be to attempt to grease them if there's anyway possible, as discussed above, and run them as long as they will go. I certainly would not consider replacing them if they are perfectly good, and yours may be fine. Can you yank on the driveshaft to see if there seems to be a lot of play in the joints?? That would really tell me what I needed to do. If everything seemed to be tight, then I would let it go. If they appeared to be close to worn out, then I would be looking to replace them sooner than later. IF they are going bad, it will fail at the worst possible time!! :D

/ JD 2210 Tractor Vibration #28  
2210 u joints I had the same problem wore out joints tore it down and replaced with joints I got at auto parts store with zerks may be 16-18 bucks.

/ JD 2210 Tractor Vibration #29  
2210 u joints I had the same problem wore out joints tore it down and replaced with joints I got at auto parts store with zerks may be 16-18 bucks.

Running a kubota rtv 900 which takes the u joints they said they where using in the 2210. Problem is kubota made them non greasable so they are drying up and going out regularly. Tried a number of different drive shops and parts store and no love. Do you by chance have a part number a manufactures name or even the name of the parts store where purchased?

/ JD 2210 Tractor Vibration #30  
Just did mine at 335 hours and took about two beer. Bought needle adapter at Napa. Located in Dryden. Ontario and sure apprciate wild bill 34 post
Bones72