Geez, it's cold here in SC!!!

/ Geez, it's cold here in SC!!! #11  
Lows predicted in the mid to upper teens, highs in the 30's all through this coming week. I pity you folks up north cause I know it's colder than that the further north you go. At least we don't have two feet of snow to get out of the way. Stay warm out there!!

When You had SC in thread, I thought you meant St Cloud MN... I'm 15 min south of there and it read -29F on my car thermo on the way to church...crisp!

/ Geez, it's cold here in SC!!! #12  
Man this global warming is tuff

/ Geez, it's cold here in SC!!! #13  
When it gets this cold in SC bad things happen..people just aren't used to it.

There will be lots of busted engines because some people didn't keep up with their antifreeze, just adding water because of a leak, for example.

Those of us with wells may experience no water and busted pipes, got to get my extension cord run out to the heat tape at the well head today...most winters don't need it.

Had to run up to my WNC land yesterday and empty 3 55 gallon drums of water so they don't freeze and bust, usually doesn't get cold enough long enough for that to happen, but it will this week. Hated to dump the water because it is a pain to haul more up in the spring, don't have any well or utilities at my "camp".

/ Geez, it's cold here in SC!!! #14  
Seems like everyone is experiencing cold temperatures as of late. Two weeks ago here near Edmonton records were set for the coldest spot in the Northern Hemisphere of -45F. At my acreage just out of the city it was -50C this temperature lasted for three days then warmed up to -30F. When it hit -20 it felt like a spring summer day, ;)

I work as an Emergency Services Operator I can tell you I was very busy during those times. I know when you are not prepared for it the cold weather can cause a lot problems.

/ Geez, it's cold here in SC!!! #15  
Walked in the house today, unoccupied since yesterday afternoon, and could see my breath. At least it had warmed up to minus 4 outside - warmest day ogf the past 4, the house inside was about 34-36 degrees. I think the fuel gelled in the tank in the basement, heating oil (diesel) and it's in a small cold basement room. I had put in a little anti-gel, but looks like probably not enough.

Fingers are cold, and I'm bundled up! Should get down to minus 16-18 again tonite, I need to get the house up a bit - it looks like 46 inside now. Got a couple electric heaters going & the electric oven, as it will be hard for the radiators to get that much temp rise in this much cold air.

Whew.

--->Paul

/ Geez, it's cold here in SC!!! #16  
Time to throw another dog on the bed here in the Ozarks. Been below freezing for several days. And the outlook does not look any better rest of week. Predicting record lows by end of week. Stay warm out there.

/ Geez, it's cold here in SC!!!
Yep, I just saw they are predicting a low of around 10-12 deg for the Columbia area in SC this coming weekend. My boxblade is still down at the hunt club and I WAS thinking about loading up the tractor on the trailer to go get it, but I think I will pass on this weekend!! I don't need it that bad!!! :D I feel for all you folks up north and on up into Canada. Be careful if you have to go out and stay warm. Think I'll go throw another blanket on the bed for tonight.....

/ Geez, it's cold here in SC!!! #18  
I have tickets for the Bengals Jets play off game in Saturday. Temp is foretasted to be a high of 12 and a low of 4 with snow showers. Time to man up for me an my football buddies.

Chris

/ Geez, it's cold here in SC!!! #19  
About 40 miles north of Dallas, 18 degrees this morning, but 12 and 13 forecast for Thursday and Friday.:(

/ Geez, it's cold here in SC!!! #20  
15 here in Knoxville, TN. Brrrrr.