Inclinometer/Tiltmeter of any REAL use?

/ Inclinometer/Tiltmeter of any REAL use? #21  
I posted something to this on another thread. After reading this thread I see that most people find about 15 degrees to be max. I'm thinking about buying a slope meter because I think the ditch I mow pushes 30 degrees. My pucker factor is pretty large but I've mowed it lots of times. Maybe I'm lucky and one day my luck will run out. Nonetheless I'd really like to know what the angle is and after that, probably wouldn't use the meter anymore. Maybe I'm wrong but I'm a pretty good judge of angles. I always mow it dry, when the ground is hard. I have a L3710DT and Rhino SE6 hog with no wheel ballast but full rack of 55 lb front weights. I cut it in 1st low range.

/ Inclinometer/Tiltmeter of any REAL use? #22  
<font color=blue>"I cut it in first low range"</font color=blue>

Wow I can limp faster than that.

/ Inclinometer/Tiltmeter of any REAL use? #23  
I don't disagree with you but at a 30 degree tilt I'd rather limp than to be unable to limp...if you get my drift./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Inclinometer/Tiltmeter of any REAL use? #24  
Ooooh Ya!!!!!

/ Inclinometer/Tiltmeter of any REAL use? #25  
Macher,
Just went through the inclinometer issue. Look at the old posts. I thought it would be a good idea since my garden tractor was light in the wheels on my slopes and I did not know how the CUT would handle it. After I installed a meter on my B7500, I found that the slope was actually 20 degrees and pushing 24 degrees. Got off the tractor at 24, pulled on the ROPS. No way it was going over. Now, add the loader and it's a different story! Still, I'm glad I have a meter to monitor the slope. Low range and 4WD still gets me puckering, but then again, low hours in the saddle still have me getting used to it. I just know that at 24 degrees, she still will keep her paws on the ground.

/ Inclinometer/Tiltmeter of any REAL use?
Hi,

I have heard of others stopping on a slope and pulling on the rops too, to see if the tractor is stable or on the verge...

What is one's plan of action if he does this and it starts to roll over?

Anyone ever actually push one over and watch it bounce to the bottom of the hill?

/ Inclinometer/Tiltmeter of any REAL use? #27  
Those were my thoughts too...'suppose if she's light you quit pull'in and push....Then call the wife to get it off the sidehill....

Gene

/ Inclinometer/Tiltmeter of any REAL use? #28  
Hmm, let me see if I have this right? You park a tractor sideways on a hill, get off and pull on the ROPS to see if it will tip over? That would mean that you would be on the down-hill side of the tractor, otherwise you would be pushing from the up-hill side. I don't want to think about my tractor rolling over on top of me while I am pulling from the down-hill side.

Just my rambling thoughts on the matter, :)

Don

/ Inclinometer/Tiltmeter of any REAL use? #29  
I was kind of wondering about the pulling part also. I don’t think that is for me. Also keep in mind that you have completely change the weight distribution on the tractor when you got off, so we still don’t know how stable it is on that slope.

I don’t question that some can take their tractors on side slopes greater than 20 degrees. What concerns me is how little of margin for change is left before it will roll. Wet grass, small ruts, kids toys, ant hills or anything else that may not have been there last time could be enough to be to much.

MarkV