New BX2200

/ New BX2200 #1  

Tazbota

Tractor
Kubota/ BX2200
I would like to thank you all for so many postings to help a first time NEW tractor buyer make decisions. After doing extensive research on my own then finding this site to solidify my thoughts I went out today and bought a BX2200 with FEL & grill guard, 60"MMM, and a 5FT Woods rear blade. Also put tire sealer in front tires (precaution) and loaded the rears. I was going to buy a ballist box but the dealer opinion was that it would be overkill since I loaded the tires and I have a set of wheel weights from my old tractor (Cub 782D) that I will be installing. I won't be taking delivery on my BX until next Wednesday, so until then I brought the manuals home so I can read up and be ready to go to work when she arrives.
I would appreciate any thoughts on the ballist box issue as I want to be safe but not perinoid.
/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ New BX2200 #2  
You've got the rear tires loaded, you've got wheel weights to install, and you have a rear blade you can hook up. Personally, I sure wouldn't spend any money on a ballast box.

/ New BX2200 #3  
I agree with Bird, sounds like plenty of weight already. Instead of more $ on ballast, how about another implement.

/ New BX2200 #4  
I have a bx22 and it states that it is not recomended to run loaded tires and wheel weights at the same time, it can cause transmission damage. not sure if this applies to the bx2200 but they are very similar. wouldnt want you to hurt your new pride and joy. You may want to look into that. Good luck with the new machine.

/ New BX2200
Thanks for the feedback guys, I was up late last night reading all of my manuals and I did see where the say DO NOT use loaded tires and wheel weights together. So I think that I'll just see how things go and if I need the extra weight I can always through on the rear blade as you mentioned.

/ New BX2200 #6  
Tazbota,

Check out page 37 for the BX 2200 Operator's Manual, bottom right, it says...

To avoid damage of transmission, do not use rear wheel weights and liquid ballest at the same time.

/ New BX2200 #7  
I agree, the manual wars agaisnt using both wheel weights and loaded tyires TOGETHER. One of the other is fine. I think you may need the ballast box when the loader is pushed to it's limits, it can take a bigger bite than many here give it credit for. J