Oil & Fuel Ford 1710 Recomended Engine Oil ???

/ Ford 1710 Recomended Engine Oil ??? #1  

wheeljo

Hello I have a Ford 1710 tractor. What is the proper engine oil for this tractor?
Best Regards

/ Ford 1710 Recomended Engine Oil ??? #2  
Hello I have a Ford 1710 tractor. What is the proper engine oil for this tractor?
Best Regards

Below is the factory OEM recommended oil. I have used that along with Shell's Rotella diesel engine oil from TSC with the same weight with no issues apparent to me. I do change oil @ filter at 50 Hrs of my light tractor use.

JC,

There is a few $ saving going to alternate oil than OEM, about $10 per oil change.

dsc03434.jpg

/ Ford 1710 Recomended Engine Oil ??? #3  
ditto that.. 15w40 'C' rated oil or if in arctic temps.. a 10w30.. though harder to find in 'C' rating... etc.. might have to go to a synthetic in real cold areas..

soundguy

/ Ford 1710 Recomended Engine Oil ??? #4  
I also use shell rotella 15w-40. I have done that for 20 years now with no problems.

/ Ford 1710 Recomended Engine Oil ??? #5  
It is precisely this time of year, ie; Zero Weather, that causes guys to turn to the 10w-30, or 5w-40 synthetic Rotella T. (WalMart $20 gal)

That 15w-40 would be mighty, mighty stiff at my place this morning. You didn't state your location, but that HIGHLY influences one's recommendation.
Heavy oil turns to super glue at -10.

Last edited: