anyone run a tractor at their work?

/ anyone run a tractor at their work? #32  

Attachments

• vermont 2009 049.jpg
    vermont 2009 049.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 97
   / anyone run a tractor at their work? #33  
I am just a part time guy doing grounds care for a university so I only run equipment if told to. I have run our Kubota BX's with loaders, and our lowboy Ford 3430's. Lately I have gotten some time in plowing with the RTV900's and our brand new RTV1100. I have also used the TC45SA TLB when we needed heavy lifting. Most of my time is spent in RTV's or Cushmans. When I go back home to my 8N it makes me appreciate modern equipment.

/ anyone run a tractor at their work? #34  
Im glad this thread is popular,ive been wanting to start it for some time now.It gives us a chance to see what equipment besides our home tractors we are exposed to.As far as those of you with desk jobs,Our mill is located right on a high bank overlooking a large lake.Our PLANER MILL is open on one side ,so all we basically have is a roof over our head:rolleyes:So when the wind is whipping down the lake and the air temp is 0 or below,ill trade my mill job for your desk job any day:D:D:DIm hoping when the day comes and my old bones dont work anymore ill get a desk job:)25 years as a mill rat,and im still going strong ,and i still can work circles around the young pups though:D
I plowed some today with the big JD LOADER.iLL GET PICS OF THAT NEXT WEEK.Ithink the bucket alone weighs twice of my whole KUBOTA.Sitting in the cab makes my Jeep parked next to it look like a tonka toy.
I was going to give you guys a MILL TOUR ,of how a production lumber mill operates ,and of all of the equipment i tinker on,but didnt think it was Tractor related enough,so ill just show you some of the wheeled equipment.I say some of because we probably have a couple hundred forklifts and 300 trucks company wide:eek:Us mill rats get to playwith the big stuff though:p
Please keep the pics coming /dont be embarrassed /im just a millrat,myself, and proud of it!
ALAN

Alan I won't speak for anyone else but I would love to see the mill tour. It may not be tractor related directly but it is close enough.

MarkV

/ anyone run a tractor at their work? #35  
Well, I'm like several others here and only get to run a Dell. But last year, when I was deployed to Iraq, I got to run a Cat 959 wheeled loader. We were on COB Adder, in Talil Iraq. I was actually Garrison Commander, but every moment I could get free, I would go with our horizontal crew and run the loader. Many times, I would be loading gravel, or dirt when some senior NCO would walk up to the machine, climb up and open to door to "explain a few things to me" only to drop their jaw and say "excuse me sir, I didn't know you were in here!" HA! Of course it was air conditioned which made the 130+ temps bearable. That beast would dig ANYTHING! Loved it. I'll have to look up some pics and post em.

/ anyone run a tractor at their work? #36  
I started running tractors and equipment when i could reach the peddles.
My father was a owner operator :rolleyes:

the other pics i have are on 35mm film

Attachments

• D10N.jpg
    D10N.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 89
  • SSPX0188.jpg
    SSPX0188.jpg
    299.7 KB · Views: 79
  • SSPX0315.jpg
    SSPX0315.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 80
  • SSPX0313.jpg
    SSPX0313.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 65
  • 657.jpg
    657.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 70
  • SSPX0316.jpg
    SSPX0316.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 85
   / anyone run a tractor at their work? #37  
At work I mainly run the D5B, But also run the %18 Cat compactor we built, then Theres the JD 762 scraper, D Allis Chalmers Grader and a 4000 Ford Farm tractor and my old 3550 Fod hoe.. I also operate other machines like my excavator and skid steer, and on occasion I run a 50 ton crane for a friend. Heres a few landfill pics. The man on the compactor is one of our workers.The dozer on its side is a bad day at work for me, and i recommend not unloading in this manner lol. No opperators were hurt during this stunt lol.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    487.3 KB · Views: 85
  • Taylors rollover.jpg
    Taylors rollover.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 108
   / anyone run a tractor at their work? #38  
At work I mainly run the D5B, But also run the %18 Cat compactor we built, then Theres the JD 762 scraper, D Allis Chalmers Grader and a 4000 Ford Farm tractor and my old 3550 Fod hoe.. I also operate other machines like my excavator and skid steer, and on occasion I run a 50 ton crane for a friend. Heres a few landfill pics. The man on the compactor is one of our workers.The dozer on its side is a bad day at work for me, and i recommend not unloading in this manner lol. No opperators were hurt during this stunt lol.

Those are some rough riding looking wheels you use on that machine. if you had not of said the dozer flipped while unloading it I would be at a loss on how you could get it to flip on flat ground.
Rob

/ anyone run a tractor at their work? #39  
The compactor rides easy on the sand and clay we and rubbish but on hard ground like our parking area when we take it into the shop its rough standing on its tip toes or when a chunk ofconcrete comes in the rubbish. Actually I was loading the dozer, Been loading it since I was 14 and dang if I didnt slide off the lowboy. I had done parked set the blade down and idled it down and set the brakes. The darn thing slid off the trailer. The trailer had air suspension from a car hauler uner it and one side slowly leaked down. It wasnt bad be cause the blade was down and it didnt drop off as hard.
Heres a pic of the graderI use.

Attachments

• 072.jpg
    072.jpg
    548.1 KB · Views: 74
  • 073.jpg
    073.jpg
    399 KB · Views: 76