"You don't need to replace those tires!"

/ "You don't need to replace those tires!" #1  

hondarider

Bronze Member
The tire on the right is my current tire. She said that I can still use it.
I mainly scoop and push dirt around to make my motocross track.
I was going to buy this used tire (installed for $380) but she was furious.

http://picasaweb.google.com/le.quoc.vu/Collages?feat=email#5425932417580459682

Terex 650B skip loader
12,000 lbs 4x4

Even when it was dry, most of the time, I have to put it in 4x4 to get more traction because it would just spin.

Last edited:
   / "You don't need to replace those tires!" #2  
The tire on the right is my current tire. She said that I can still use it.
I mainly scoop and push dirt around to make my motocross track.
I was going to buy this used tire (installed for $380) but she was furious.

Picasa Web Albums - Vu - Collages

Who's right and who's wrong?

I'm sick and tired of getting yelled at. :mad:

Terex 650B skip loader
12,000 lbs 4x4

Even when it was dry, most of the time, I have to put it in 4x4 to get more traction because it would just spin.
Seems like you need to replace both, at least the tire anyway
Good luck you'r gonna need it
DGS

/ "You don't need to replace those tires!" #3  
It looks like they are different diameters? If they are you would need the same size on the other side. Plus putting it on 4 wheel drive with tires not the right size might scramble your drive train..
The tire on the right looks like good Kids playground material.

/ "You don't need to replace those tires!"
My current R4 tires are tubeless. The guy originally quoted me $380 for these used tired installed. He realized that the used tires are much narrower although the 16.9 x 28 specs is correct.

He then wanted me to buy tubes so that he can expand the inner walls because....(I felt like he doens't know what he's doing).

So I canceled the job (he's pissed).

/ "You don't need to replace those tires!" #5  
Better him then her... If it's not the right tire, it will cost you even more later. ...and yes, he doesn't know what he's doing... almost to the point of a scam... selling you whatever instead of what you need.

Use the tires until they are flat... in another word, go do a bunch of burn outs to wear them out faster!!! (yes, it's just a joke...)

I'm going to go out and find me some nails to run over! :cool:

Better him then her... If it's not the right tire, it will cost you even more later. ...and yes, he doesn't know what he's doing... almost to the point of a scam... selling you whatever instead of what you need.

Use the tires until they are flat... in another word, go do a bunch of burn outs to wear them out faster!!! (yes, it's just a joke...)

/ "You don't need to replace those tires!" #7  
What is the hours of the machine. tires look like the tractor I had at 1500 hours.
rock and concrete wears the tires faster. Are they filled with fluid or to save money looks like a set of chains would regain traction. Couldn't ruin them any more.

ken

/ "You don't need to replace those tires!" #8  
Heck you could by the little lady a tire stud machine and let her put studs on them tires.

I think I have 2800 hours on them. I bought it at an auction for $9k. The tires were already like that.

YouTube - 2003 Terex TX650

I found this shop that would install 4 new r4 tires for $1800 but I guess it's impossible to get her to agree with it at this point.:(

/ "You don't need to replace those tires!" #10  
I think I have 2800 hours on them. I bought it at an auction for $9k. The tires were already like that.

YouTube - 2003 Terex TX650

I found this shop that would install 4 new r4 tires for $1800 but I guess it's impossible to get her to agree with it at this point.:(

it sure looks like you need to replace them all at once.
Rob