Plowing with a Compact

/ Plowing with a Compact #51  
You guys are sumpin' else./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif Semantics; you've got to define your words. If you go by my old dictionary, a CUT is a tractor and a pickup is a truck, but it is a little difficult to compare a BX Kubota to a 9000 series Deere, or an S10 to a Freightliner./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif No, wait a minute . . . I guess the word that needs defining is "real"./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif Hmm, sounds as if you fellers are making "real" synonymous with "big", and nope, "big" isn't one of the definitions for "real" in my dictionary/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif.

/ Plowing with a Compact #52  
You are right as well Bird. I guess that's why they are defined so differently. You've got row crop, utility, and compact tractors. Then you've got trucks, pickups, and compacts. I guess it all depends on how a person defines them. I think that's part of the problem is that everyone's dictionary is a little different.

/ Plowing with a Compact #53  
Just like trucks and horse trailers, there's a distinction between what you can do with a certain sized tractor and what you should do.

/ Plowing with a Compact #54  
To go a bit further, the semi trucks would be the 'ag' class, the 1-ton would be utility, compact would be the .5 ton class.. like f-150s, etc... s-10 and rangers, etc are sub compact... in the bx2200 or large lawnmower equivalents. Big difference in the capacities of a ranger and an f-150. If nothing other than suspension, etc.

Soundguy

<font color=blue>Your analogy is wrong. The 1 ton trucks would be the utility class and the compact pickups are the Rangers and S-10's. Would you still try to move a 580 with a S-10?

/ Plowing with a Compact #55  
So does that mean my 16' flat bottom boat isn't a real boat?

/ Plowing with a Compact #56  
<font color=blue>So does that mean my 16' flat bottom boat isn't a real boat? </font color=blue>

Nope, just means it's not a ship. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Plowing with a Compact #57  
<font color=blue>...means it's not a ship...</font color=blue>

Hi Mike...

Talking about ships.... (how's that for a lead-in... /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif)

Don't you think Muhammad should reserve a "ship" for a TBN cruise... say in the Gulf of Mexico... /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ Plowing with a Compact #58  
<font color=blue>Don't you think Muhammad should reserve a "ship" for a TBN cruise... say in the Gulf of Mexico...</font color=blue>

Would that be the cruise where the moderators, and a guest, sail free of charge? Yes, I agree.

/ Plowing with a Compact #59  
Now... if any tractors discussions got real <font color=red>hot</font color=red> and heavy... such as "gear vs hydro" or "who has the best color"... or "my BS lawn tractor can pull a 6 bottom plow and at the same time operate a round baler..." /w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif/w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

I can hear it now... the bull horns going off... and the P.A. blaring away... Man overboard.... /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif
/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Plowing with a Compact #60  
The ultimate CUT Competition...The smallest tractor that can pull the following implements, at the same time, in order, starting from the back of the tractor....

1. Square Baler
2. Hay Wagon
3. 4 bottom (minimum) plow
4. 8 foot (minimum) disc
5. Drop spreader (fertilizer)
6. Seeder

Whaddya figure, 20 PTO hp oughta be enough, right, assuming the land is pretty flat, that is. /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif