Tires Front Tires for 2 Wheel Drive Loader work

/ Front Tires for 2 Wheel Drive Loader work #1  

DIXIEDOG

Platinum Member
Tractor
International 2544 / Gator 825i/L2501/General
I had another quick question about my old International 2544, it's needed front tires since I bought it a few years back and I've been holding off on buying a set way too long. The previous owner but regular truck tires on the front and they are weather cracked beyond belief, if it wasn't for the tubes they couldn't hold air.

Well none of my local dealers seem to sell front tires, they also appear to be unwilling to offer any sort of advice on what type of tire to get.

Does anyone here have any idea on what I need to order for a tire and where I can purchase one? I mainly use this tractor for snow removal in the winter and moving rocks in the summer. It's a big heavy tractor, the loader lifts just under 5k according to the manual, I know I've only met it's limits once and that was with a mighty big rock that ended up rolling instead of being carried:D

/ Front Tires for 2 Wheel Drive Loader work #2  
It would be helpful if you were to post the size of tire currently on the tractor. Also tell us if those truck tires fit the rims well in terms of width, or are the tires too wide for the rims and pinched in at the sidewalls and beads? We can advise on all kinds of solutions, but we should start by considering tires that will fit your current rims.

/ Front Tires for 2 Wheel Drive Loader work
They are 7.00 X 16.0 tires. The truck tires appear to fit the rim ok, the only reason I really need to replace them is that they are old and very weather cracked.

/ Front Tires for 2 Wheel Drive Loader work #6  
They probably would but I'm not sure which type tread I'd want to order. Those are all 3 or 4 rib tires, the ones on it right now are a typical truck all season pattern. What are the best type for snow removal and loader work in hard gravel?

Since your tractor does not have 4WD or front wheel assist, it probably doesn't matter what tread you get (since those tires aren't providing any traction or driving force). You do want a tire with a stiff sidewall and enough plies to withstand the stresses of loader work. Keep the pressures up when using the loader as well, or the tires could roll right off the rims.

/ Front Tires for 2 Wheel Drive Loader work #7  
All you really need is lateral stability. Of those choices, I'd go with quad ribbed.

Good deal, I'm pretty sure Tractor Supply has ribbed tires like those in stock, I wasn't sure if they had a tendency to slip and slide around but I guess I'll know soon. :D

/ Front Tires for 2 Wheel Drive Loader work #9  
I'd get 7.50-16 4 rib in the highest ply rating available; you should be able to find 8PR. An arguement could be made to get 3 rib for better steering control, but I like the footprint a 4 rib offers, especially at higher inflation pressures.

/ Front Tires for 2 Wheel Drive Loader work #10  
I was going to ask the same question today . well i was going to ask about my rears as well, i think ill go with Nb tire for the fronts. im getting rid of my warn out turf tires on the rear and want to get r1'S will i need new rims? i thought i saw that somewhere not too long ago on here and if so any suggestions on where to get them Dealer? online?