Mowing field mowing

/ field mowing #1  

petroskie

:DIm new to this site and sure this subject has been beaten to death but here we go anyway. for the last year i have been using my quad and a DR pull behind mower to mow neibors fields on our chunk of property. I average 1 acre and hour and it leaves a clean field. we started a family buisness and my department will doing field mowing and rural site clean up and herbicide chemical spray for noxious weeds. my question is what should i charge for the mowing? $100 an acre, $40 an hour, or what. thanks for anyhelp.:D

/ field mowing #2  
:DIm new to this site and sure this subject has been beaten to death but here we go anyway. for the last year i have been using my quad and a DR pull behind mower to mow neibors fields on our chunk of property. I average 1 acre and hour and it leaves a clean field. we started a family buisness and my department will doing field mowing and rural site clean up and herbicide chemical spray for noxious weeds. my question is what should i charge for the mowing? $100 an acre, $40 an hour, or what. thanks for anyhelp.:D

I suggest you "back into the answer".
Figure in your travel, load, unload, meet and greet, get paid and leave times.
Can you DO 2 jobs a day ? can you do 3 ?
It might turn out that your minimum job size (with those overhead times) is 1/2 day.
You need 1/2 day's pay, plus out of pocket and equipment expenses.

I like FarmWithJunk's formula for field work.
Width in inches (minus overlap) times speed in MPH divided by a hundred equals acres per hour.
Make allowances for turnaround, corners, etc. It is close enough for rule of thumb.