Oil & Fuel Which diesel fuel to use?

/ Which diesel fuel to use? #21  
Wow, that's good. I *think* regular diesel is like $1.35+ here...

/ Which diesel fuel to use? #22  
I paid $10.99 for ten gallons.

Boy is this stuff dyed! I thought it was cranberry juice!

Interestingly, the first Diesel I bought was on road, and the last little bit I saved and put into a quart canning jar. Ended up that there was about a tablespoon of water in that little remaining bit. This was a tip I picked up off TBN.

Anyway, I saved the last pint of so of the off road stuff, and this afternoon put it into the same, dry, quart canning jar, and there was no sign of water whatsoever.

I plan to stick with the off road stuff. Cheaper and better...can't beat that!

Bill

/ Which diesel fuel to use? #23  
Did they happen to have the brand displayed? Just curious. That's a good price though. I wish I had a choice, but the place I go to is already like a 15-20 minute drive.

/ Which diesel fuel to use? #24  
I have my diesel delivered. I call up my local dealer and tell them to come fill my 275 gal. tank with home heating oil at the going price, "this time of years it's usually around $.98 gal." & Tax free. I then add some anti-gel additive and it last me until next year at this time. (same exact thing as off road without the tax).

/ Which diesel fuel to use? #25  
It's a Penzoil station.

Was nearby Today, to pick up my front tires that I got foam filled, and so got ten more gallons. This time they chaged me sales tax...not sure if they did last time or not...

Think I will stick with the off road stuff. If I have to make a special trip I will wait and get 20 gallons per visit...

Bill

/ Which diesel fuel to use? #26  
What did the foam filled fronts end up running you?

/ Which diesel fuel to use? #27  
The front R4s, 23x8.50-14, cost $136 for the pair, plus sales tax.

Don't know if this is a lot or reasonable, but I have so much broken glass in the one area I am cleaning up that I felt I had no choice but to do it.

My 12.4 - 16 rear tires would cost $247 each, the guy told me. That seems like a better deal, as they appear so much larger. I might have been tempted to foam fill those too had I not put the WW fluid in them already as rear ballast.

Those little fronts got 70 lbs heavier [each] with the foam inside.

Anyone know if those prices are reasonable?

Bill

/ Which diesel fuel to use? #28  
In Pa most places when they write up your offroad diesel they ask if it's for construction or Ag use. Construction use is subject to PA sales tax, Ag isn't. So tell 'em you a farmin'.

/ Which diesel fuel to use? #29  
That's what I do. They also just wanted my name and phone number. I suppose I'd be in trouble if they ever investigated, b/c I technically am not a farmer (% of gross income), but with the amount of fuel that I buy, they'd never even think of auditing me.

I did however get the dealer to write my Cub purchase up as a farm use sale, which also saved me quite a bit of cash, as I paid zero taxes on it. He knew I technically wasn't a farmer, but said he'd try and if they came after him, he'd come after me. I wonder how many others on here have done the same?

- G

/ Which diesel fuel to use? #30  
I wouldn't publicly admit to doing that. :)