A cab on the cheap? Interesting find...

/ A cab on the cheap? Interesting find... #1  

RadarTech

Elite Member
Tractor
2007 Kubota L3400, YANMAR YT359C
For the last year I have been looking at all the GREAT fab up jobs many of you have been doing. Many times I have googled and looked for cabs for my bota, and just could not see spending the $$$ for one with my short winter..

and then I found this:

Soft-Sided Cab for 30 HP NorTrac Tractors | Accessories | Northern Tool + Equipment

Now this brings up a few thoughts:
1. If NT can do this for these chinese tractors, why don't we see one for bota's this cheap?
2. If this thing worth it?
3. has anyone seen one like it for a bota?

Has this been posted before?

anyway--- thought this might bring out some news...

J

/ A cab on the cheap? Interesting find... #4  
For the last year I have been looking at all the GREAT fab up jobs many of you have been doing. Many times I have googled and looked for cabs for my bota, and just could not see spending the $$$ for one with my short winter..

and then I found this:

Soft-Sided Cab for 30 HP NorTrac Tractors | Accessories | Northern Tool + Equipment

Now this brings up a few thoughts:
1. If NT can do this for these chinese tractors, why don't we see one for bota's this cheap?
2. If this thing worth it?
3. has anyone seen one like it for a bota?

Has this been posted before?

anyway--- thought this might bring out some news...

J

Cabs are not just for winter.
I enjoy my cab just as much in the summer as I do in the winter.
I never take my cab off.
I have a Curtis Cab with soft sides (no heat no air conditioning) on my Kubota B7800.
In the summer I take off the doors and the windshied swings out a little at the bottom,
it's hinged at the top, (like an awning window). I also have a homebuilt awning window,
on the back of the cab.
It's a nice relief having the cab shade me from the sun, while out mowing on a hot summer day, (upper 90's in Maine) and I get plenty of air circulation within the cab with both large door openings on each side, plus the lower opening of the windshield and the rear awning window.

Last edited: