Another Chain Question

/ Another Chain Question #21  
Cheapest ice chains I could find with exception of the Talons which were sold out were well over $700 :(

Where do you live? If you're anywhere close to the border, it's time to convince the missus it's time you visited your long lost cousin in Canada, who by coincidence happens to sell tractor ice chains. (she doesn't need to know the last part, they get suspicious when you tell them that)

Once you're there and the chains are safely in the trunk of the car, I suspect it'll turn out that it wasn't actually a cousin after all, but someone who used to know your cousin, unfortunately.

Alternatively, I don't think shipping to you would be the difference in price. If you do give Nova a call on price and shipping, ask for either Terry or Sherman, both have a pretty good idea which end is up. Tell 'em Sean sent you. I have a pretty high regard for the Norse product, otherwise I'd suggest you wait 'til next season and get the Talons, or try to add some more crosslinks to the ones you have now, which will probably help.

Anyway you look at it, new chains are pricey. It wasn't so bad for me since the tractor was new and I didn't have any to begin with, so it was easier to justify the expense. To myself anyway, I think I convinced the missus that they "threw them in" as part of the deal. Or maybe she's letting me think that she thinks that... psych warfare can be a challenge when you're already challenged, like me..:confused:

Chilly