Bought a Lombardini 6LD360N - does it have a throttle?

/ Bought a Lombardini 6LD360N - does it have a throttle? #1  

NoPaint

I bought a Lombardini 6LD360N and it is on its way to me. In the meantime I am worried it does not have a throttle. It came off a sign board and I was worried it may be a fixed speed motor? I had a generator that was just governed at around full throttle. This is spinning an alternator that looks like a car alternator. Will there be a lever or way on my 6LD360N for me to adjust engine speed? I want to run it on something other than a board.

Also, any links to an owners manual. I found one yesterday and now it is gone!

Thanks guy.

New Member that wants to be an old and respected member.

/ Bought a Lombardini 6LD360N - does it have a throttle? #2  
I bought a Lombardini 6LD360N and it is on its way to me. In the meantime I am worried it does not have a throttle. It came off a sign board and I was worried it may be a fixed speed motor? I had a generator that was just governed at around full throttle. This is spinning an alternator that looks like a car alternator. Will there be a lever or way on my 6LD360N for me to adjust engine speed? I want to run it on something other than a board.

Also, any links to an owners manual. I found one yesterday and now it is gone!

Thanks guy.

New Member that wants to be an old and respected member.

Welcome to TBN :)

Is that a small single cylinder diesel? most stand alones don't have a manual throttle and always turn at 3600 rpms, that way they are always putting out 60 hertz which is what you need if your even drawing just a small load on it. Some have an auto idle option which will slow them down when there is no load on.

A guy near me was selling those generators, and told me they were supposed to be pretty good, U.S. military was using them? The one he had was 3 or 4 kw but was very fuel efficient, not sure how it compares to the model you listed. I'll google it.

There is alot of interest in generator talk here on TBN, especially in the winter.

Here's an active thread.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/161590-power-take-off-generator-feedback.html?

JB.

/ Bought a Lombardini 6LD360N - does it have a throttle? #3