Torque Tube Storage

/ Torque Tube Storage #1  

Mrwurm

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland TC30 Hydro 4x4, Gravely Zero Turn Mower
You know that tube or square stock that connects from one loader arm to the other? I think I heard someone refer to it as a torque tube. Well, whatever you call it, it seems to be a niftly place to store or carry some stuff. I use mine on occasion to carry a rake in one side and a shovel in the other. What uses have you found for this space?

/ Torque Tube Storage #2  
Mrwurm,
I have a old leg from a 250 gallon fuel oil tank in mine. Combination cheater bar/beat'in iron - used when something needs "adjusting".
Nick

/ Torque Tube Storage
I thought about keeping my chain in there. But, it turned out to be tedious to feed it in there and I was'nt quite sure how I would get it out if it all slid to the middle. Of course, I'd have to put some sort of caps on the ends also.

/ Torque Tube Storage #4  
My Cub Cadet uses the torque tube as the storage space for the legs of the quick attach loader.

/ Torque Tube Storage #5  
If you have a round Torque tube and are looking for some sort of caps to cover the holes. Most hardware stores have temporary expandable pipe plugs. The type with the wing nut in the center. They come in most pipe inside diameter sizes. you just insert them into the hole turn wing nut clockwise to expand them. Then counter clockwise to loosen.

If your worried about items gettin stuck in the middle just leave a peice of good stiff wire, with a hook on the end, in there all the time.

/ Torque Tube Storage #6  
Garden rake. Perfect when working on dirt leveling or seeding projects. Be careful whatever it is does not slide out though; I broke a rake handle that way.

JT

/ Torque Tube Storage #7  
That's what bungee cords are for. :)

Don