Veteran Member
    Tractor
    New Holland TC30 Hydro 4x4, Gravely Zero Turn Mower

Default Torque Tube Storage

You know that tube or square stock that connects from one loader arm to the other? I think I heard someone refer to it as a torque tube. Well, whatever you call it, it seems to be a niftly place to store or carry some stuff. I use mine on occasion to carry a rake in one side and a shovel in the other. What uses have you found for this space?

Tractor
    TC40D w/ss

Default Re: Torque Tube Storage

Mrwurm,
    I have a old leg from a 250 gallon fuel oil tank in mine. Combination cheater bar/beat'in iron - used when something needs "adjusting".
    Nick

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    New Holland TC30 Hydro 4x4, Gravely Zero Turn Mower

I thought about keeping my chain in there. But, it turned out to be tedious to feed it in there and I was'nt quite sure how I would get it out if it all slid to the middle. Of course, I'd have to put some sort of caps on the ends also.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Cub Cadet 7360SS & Craftsman GT3000 23 HP w/50

My Cub Cadet uses the torque tube as the storage space for the legs of the quick attach loader.

Tractor
    New holland TC29-9x3 Woods 1012 FEL, Woods, 7500 Backhoe / Kubota L345DT 4WD, Kub FEL, Kub Backhoe

If you have a round Torque tube and are looking for some sort of caps to cover the holes. Most hardware stores have temporary expandable pipe plugs. The type with the wing nut in the center. They come in most pipe inside diameter sizes. you just insert them into the hole turn wing nut clockwise to expand them. Then counter clockwise to loosen.

If your worried about items gettin stuck in the middle just leave a peice of good stiff wire, with a hook on the end, in there all the time.

Tractor
    New Holland TC45D

Garden rake. Perfect when working on dirt leveling or seeding projects. Be careful whatever it is does not slide out though; I broke a rake handle that way.

JT

Tractor
    Kubota 3710, 1970 Leland 384

That's what bungee cords are for.

Don