Grapple Rake versus Grapple Bucket for handling brush

/ Grapple Rake versus Grapple Bucket for handling brush #11  
here is a pic of my grapple bucket......it works ok but does get dirt in with your pile.......Mike

Attachments

• 0119001610.jpg
    0119001610.jpg
    279.3 KB · Views: 463
  • 0119001556.jpg
    0119001556.jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 493
   / Grapple Rake versus Grapple Bucket for handling brush
Thanks to everyone for their input. Just chatted with Melissa at Markham Welding, and ordered myself the medium duty 60 inch grapple. Freight is a bit more coming this far north, but they say it will be at the terminal on Friday.

Now I just need to go at lunchtime and get my seasonal burn permit for the property, and I'll be burning brush on Saturday or Sunday!

-Tom

/ Grapple Rake versus Grapple Bucket for handling brush #13  
You probably know this, but make sure you have the right hydraulic quick connects. The grapple probably comes with flat face skid steer type whereas most tractors use the ag type. If you are anxious to use it this weekend, don't make the mistake I made and have to search for these connectors when every hydraulic shop is closed.

You probably know this, but make sure you have the right hydraulic quick connects. The grapple probably comes with flat face skid steer type whereas most tractors use the ag type. If you are anxious to use it this weekend, don't make the mistake I made and have to search for these connectors when every hydraulic shop is closed.

Good advice. I actually had Melissa add an extra set of fittings that terminate out to female pipe thread. The tractor is coming back from the shop today with just caps on the hydraulic fittings. They also are throwing in some 3/8" to 1/2" bushings, as earlier they told me the wrong pipe thread size on their hydraulic runs.

My theory is that I am going to use skid-steer attachments on front, so I will get skid-steer couplers. If I later add rear remotes, I will put ag style on those, as the connected equipment will likely be ag equipment.

Worst case, I go to my tractor shop at 8 AM Saturday morning with fittings in hand and have them give me the "right ones". They, thankfully, are open on Saturday, and have a full hydraulic shop.

Can't wait for Friday to get here, so I can get this thing home and try it out!

-Tom

/ Grapple Rake versus Grapple Bucket for handling brush #15  
A grapple is the next handiest thing to the loader itself. The Markham looks very similar to the one I got from JEB Supply on eBay

It hit the freight dock at 5 AM. I picked it up 30 minutes ago. Now I have to endure a day of work while it sits in the bed of my pickup... :)

Hopefully it will get a good workout this weekend. The pictures looked plenty rugged, but in person, ****! that's a piece of machinery!

Hope to have pics on Flickr of it by Monday, and hope to have a lot less brush by Monday!

-Tom

/ Grapple Rake versus Grapple Bucket for handling brush #17  
No doubt about it in my opinion. A grapple/rake is far superior to moving brush than a rake/bucket unit I have a rake grapple and it has moved at least 100 trees, all the bursh and the ocasional bolder off my 50 acres and fence rows. My grapple is on my Bobcat 863 turbo model F. It is rated at 73 hp and just under 2000 lbs of lift. The grapple is great for cleanup.

/ Grapple Rake versus Grapple Bucket for handling brush #18  
No doubt about it in my opinion. A grapple/rake is far superior to moving brush than a rake/bucket unit I have a rake grapple and it has moved at least 100 trees, all the bursh and the ocasional bolder off my 50 acres and fence rows. My grapple is on my Bobcat 863 turbo model F. It is rated at 73 hp and just under 2000 lbs of lift. The grapple is great for cleanup.

Your responding to a 3 year old thread.

/ Grapple Rake versus Grapple Bucket for handling brush #19  
Saw that after I had already hit send. Oh well,,, maybe some one else out there is contemplating the same type of question. I was just surfing. Thanks for pointing it out.