Top 10 things NOT to do with a new loader!

/ Top 10 things NOT to do with a new loader! #1  

andrewj

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 5105
Hi guys - new loader operator here- someone gave me good advice about filling up the tires so I didn't break bead with a full bucket load..then I got to thinking there must be TONS of other little "don'ts" that I am unaware of!

I know to keep the bucket low when traveling and to stay on flat level ground....

what else?

/ Top 10 things NOT to do with a new loader! #2  
Don't drop it quickly and then "catch it" by stopping the decline. Steady up and steady down.

Don't hit the side of your truck with the edge of the bucket - speaking from experience:rolleyes:

/ Top 10 things NOT to do with a new loader! #3  
Don't let it "float" to the ground when you are moving at speed, especially if the bucket is tipped down.

And don't lift something parked on an incline (side to side).

/ Top 10 things NOT to do with a new loader! #4  
Yeah, don't forget that loader and bucket stick way out there. It's really easy to be looking backwards when backing out of the garage, turn the steering wheel, forget the bucket is out there a ways, and clip the edge of your garage door. Don't ask me how I know:mad:

/ Top 10 things NOT to do with a new loader! #5  
Yeah, don't forget that loader and bucket stick way out there. It's really easy to be looking backwards when backing out of the garage, turn the steering wheel, forget the bucket is out there a ways, and clip the edge of your garage door. Don't ask me how I know:mad:

Boy, it looks like I'm not alone in this one! :rolleyes: Garage door repair required this summer.

/ Top 10 things NOT to do with a new loader! #6  
Garage door? What garage door? I didn't see a garage door.:eek:

**** door. It's always in the way.:D

Bill

/ Top 10 things NOT to do with a new loader! #7  
I thought of another one, don't forget what your hand is doing on the joystick. I have been looking backwards backing up, look back forwards, and the bucket will be way up in the air. I will have had my hand on the joystick raising the loader arms way up in the air, when I didn't really want to.

/ Top 10 things NOT to do with a new loader! #8  
How about these;
Don't lift it higher than you have to. Tipping danger
Don't take your eyes off the bucket when your hand is on the joystick. Lap full of dirt danger or worse.
Shiney things act like huge magnets, don't get as close as you think you can. :) Stuff happens.

/ Top 10 things NOT to do with a new loader! #9  
Balance your load - don't have the load all on one side of the bucket and don't stress just one corner of the cutting edge of the bucket when trying to lift or pry something..that is how you can warp your loader arms or cylinders. Takes a lot of practice in all ways so go slow until you get the experience and then always remember ..There are old FEL operators and there are Bold FEL operators but there are NO OLD & BOLD FEL OPERATORS !!

/ Top 10 things NOT to do with a new loader! #10  
If you've got a big load in the bucket, and you're going down a hill, be sure you're in 4 wheel drive 'cause those rear tires won't have much to brake with.

Pete