Tractor
    Kubota/ BX2200

Default My new "Baby Bota"

Well guys, I took delivery of my new BX2200 this past wednesday. So far I have a whopping 3.7 hours on her and have washed and waxed her once. Okay, I know you real "tractor guys" are saying WAX?, but I'm one who takes pride in owning anything that moves, and is in excess of 5 years old and having someone say "I see you just got a new ...". The BX2200 seems to be a wonderful piece of equipment but the whole tractor thing is new to me so time will tell. On wednesday after taking delivery I unhooked the rear blade (woods 5ft), the FEL, and told my daughter (11 yrs old) to sit on the porch while I "mow a path through the yard" to test the mower deck (60"). After about 1hr 15min and having cut every balde of grass I could find she said "hey dad that path is the same size as our yard" and she has told everyone (at least once) she knows how her dad "cut a path to test his new tractor". Once again, I thank all of you for posting information on the topic which helped me make a final decision to "pull the trigger" to invest in a quality tractor.

Tractor
    TC33D

Default Re: My new

<font color=blue>Well guys, I took delivery of my new BX2200 this past wednesday. So far I have a whopping 3.7 hours on her and have washed and waxed her once.
    <font color=black>
    You've only waxed her once [img]/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif[/img]. Congratulations on the new bota.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    JD 1050 2wd, Case 580D 2wd

Default Re: My new "Baby Bota"

Actually, I know of quite a few farmers that wax their tractors and harvesters. When you have $100,000-$200,000 in a machine, it needs to last. Their work usually pays off at resale/trade in time. Besides, painting machinery is harder than cars!! Enjoy your rig.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    B7510 HST

Congrats on your tractor. I also took delivery of a BX2200 and FEL this week but I bought it used. Enjoy!

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    B2620, Toro Z-Master 45 3 (2 3hp Kaw asaki, 52" deck.Kubota RTV 900)

I was changing the oil, sharpening mower blades, washing, etc. on my BX yesterday, and when I checked the maintainence log, I found that I have applied 14 coats of polish over the last 28 months. This tractor guy thinks you are off to a great start!
    Will