BX2200 rear lighting

/ BX2200 rear lighting #1  

Tazbota

Tractor
Kubota/ BX2200
I have viewed alot of threads on B7500, etc rear work lights. I was wondering if anybody has done anything different in mounting rear lights on a BX2200? This is all new to me so I want to be smart in what light(s) I use and how I mount them. Does anybody know where to purchase lights that have a built in switch? I think I would like to use such lights so as not to have to drill and mount a switch on the dash area to operate rear facing lights. Thank you in advance for your feedback.

/ BX2200 rear lighting #2  
New Holland shows rear work lights with a switch. I would think you could pick them up at any NH dealer.

/ BX2200 rear lighting #3  
You should be able to drill, and install a switch in most lights. Just make sure there is room in the housing.

/ BX2200 rear lighting #4  
The rectangular lights I have worked with were available in "spot", "trapezoid" and "flood" patterns. With the close distances I wanted to illuminate, the flood pattern worked best for me. The light pattern of the trapezoid didn't spread at a wide enough angle to work well in my application. That same light would be fine on one of my in-law's "real" tractors where you need to climb a ladder to get to the seat, and the light is 8' off the ground.

I also added a pair of the floods facing front on my tractor. The factory headlights are a poor source of light to actually work by. Mine are on the FEL bracket and are angled out slightly. They provide almost 180° of light....................chim

/ BX2200 rear lighting #5  
Tazbota,

Since I don't operate on the road I bought a SMV mount and installed a light and switch on that with a coiled cord connected to the under seat wires. It works well as it is removable and can be used as a short extension light. I can also remove it and replace the SMV if need be.

Good luck,
Michael

Attachments

• 47-180467-37-102280-kub_light_crop.jpg
    47-180467-37-102280-kub_light_crop.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 108