Tractor
    Kubota/ BX2200

Default BX2200 rear lighting

I have viewed alot of threads on B7500, etc rear work lights. I was wondering if anybody has done anything different in mounting rear lights on a BX2200? This is all new to me so I want to be smart in what light(s) I use and how I mount them. Does anybody know where to purchase lights that have a built in switch? I think I would like to use such lights so as not to have to drill and mount a switch on the dash area to operate rear facing lights. Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Tractor
    TC33D

Default Re: BX2200 rear lighting

New Holland shows rear work lights with a switch. I would think you could pick them up at any NH dealer.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    87 Ingersoll 444, 84 Ingersoll224/'44 GreavlyL/60'sGreavlyL/49 Ford 8N

You should be able to drill, and install a switch in most lights. Just make sure there is room in the housing.

Tractor
    Kubota L3200, Ford 1210

The rectangular lights I have worked with were available in "spot", "trapezoid" and "flood" patterns. With the close distances I wanted to illuminate, the flood pattern worked best for me. The light pattern of the trapezoid didn't spread at a wide enough angle to work well in my application. That same light would be fine on one of my in-law's "real" tractors where you need to climb a ladder to get to the seat, and the light is 8' off the ground.

I also added a pair of the floods facing front on my tractor. The factory headlights are a poor source of light to actually work by. Mine are on the FEL bracket and are angled out slightly. They provide almost 180 of light....................chim

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2200

Tazbota,

Since I don't operate on the road I bought a SMV mount and installed a light and switch on that with a coiled cord connected to the under seat wires. It works well as it is removable and can be used as a short extension light. I can also remove it and replace the SMV if need be.

Good luck,
    Michael
    Attached Images Attached Images