My Kubota BX2200

/ My Kubota BX2200 #1  

pemad

Silver Member
Tractor
B7510 HST
Howdy!

I finally did it and bought a used BX2200 with 186 hours on it. It came with a FEL and what a joy that is! No more back pain! I paid $8500.00 for the machine and loader. I am in the process of building a new house and used the loader to move a pile of rocks and started to cut in the driveway. It works fairly decent but I could use a little more traction cutting into the grass. My driveway is going to be 470 feet long and 12 feet wide. This is going to take some time with this tractor. But I love doing it so time is not a problem. Anyone have any suggestions on what the best way to cut in a drive way? I am a newbie and really stink using the loader.

/ My Kubota BX2200 #2  
Congrats on the BX. I've had mine for over 2 years now, and I think you will be happy. You might want to consider a box blade if you are going to be cuting in soil that is hard . The loader will prove to be slow going excavating hard ground. A toothbar on the loader may also be useful. Good luck.

/ My Kubota BX2200
Thanks for the information Will_C. I will look into buying a box blade. Are they fairly simple to use?

/ My Kubota BX2200 #4  
I don't have much experience with one. I can cheat on such projects because my brother has an excavating business, and his bulldozer does my big projects!
There is a wealth of information on TBN about boxblades, just use the search feature. I do know that much of the technique involves adjusting the angle of attack.

/ My Kubota BX2200 #5  
Congrats on your tractor. I bought mine earlier this spring and have put over 80 hours on it. I highly recommend rear tire chains along with a heavy-duty 4' box blade. I did just the opposite by digging up an old driveway. Just keep working at it and in no time you will be able to work the FEL like a pro.

Dave