kubota or John deere

/ kubota or John deere #1  

jasperm

Im in the market for 30 to 35 hp tractor , can anyone give me some buying tips prefer jd but would consider Kubota!:

/ kubota or John deere #2  
Have driven rented Kubotas a number of times, with no problems. Not enough experience to base a purchase decision on, but you might talk to the people in the rental business. None of the rental places in Oklahoma rent JD that I am aware of.

I own a new JD, and have had no problems so far. Again, not enough experience to base a purchase decision on. But, it is made in the good old USA and parts are readily available.

/ kubota or John deere #3  
Both Kubota and Deere have a good selection of tractors in this size, it boils down to what you like the best. Try them both out and see who is offering the best deal and has service to match.

/ kubota or John deere #4  
Some posts were removed from this thread due to brand bashing. It made no sense to leave the replies to the post that was removed, so that is why they were removed.

Please continue the conversation for the original poster. Thanks.

/ kubota or John deere #5  
I've owned Kubotas since 1985 (owned 3), the year my daughter was born. In all of those years I had one problem that needed a spare part for fixing, a hydraulic pump impeller, which I replaced myself on the B5200 you see in the thumbnail.

/ kubota or John deere #6  
I went with kubota because it is all built by kubota. JD's are are built in several places around the world with different suppliers parts depending
on the model.I believe most of the big JD machines are made in the US.
I wanted to buy American to but in the small tractors it's tough. Do your homework. I would stick with a major name with history and you will be fine. You will hear horror stories about everything. Test drive everything.

/ kubota or John deere #7  
Both are good. I would be more interested in which fits your use best. What implements are you going to use now and in the future?

1. Do the ergonomics of 1 fit you better than another?

2. What is the lift capacity of the 3 point hitch and loader (assuming you want a loader)?

3. What is the weight of the tractor? Heavier is better for many things. Lighter is better for some things like finish mowing. In my case, I wanted lighter because my asphalt driveway was not the best paving job ever done.

4. One capacity I wish I had looked more carefully at is hydraulic pump gallons per minute. I am limited to a low-flow hydraulic post hole digger without adding a PTO hyd. pump.

/ kubota or John deere #8  
I looked at both JD and Kubota...Overall I think both will give years of service. I choose a JD 3720 Cab (44hp). I wanted a tractor with around this much hp and found the JD was able to accommodate the MMM which the Kubota within the same HP could not without changing tires, etc which I did not want to mess with. Also, it seems like JD offers a more extensive variety of attachments. Recently, I've read about some on this form complaining about Kubota having the gas and break on the same side in the cabs, which is not the case with JD - but I have no first hand knowlege of this.

good luck

/ kubota or John deere #9  
I've never owned a JD but have owned 3 Kubotas. My experience with kubotas have been good. The fact that most rental outfits rent Kubotas tell me they have a good price to life ratio.

/ kubota or John deere #10  
Just my opinion but I think the main reason rental outfits go with Kubota is when you see green you think AG. Both machines will give you years of service and like others have said sit the seat and drive them both. That's about the best way I can think of to determine with tractor will work for you best.