/ spray Pam on your snowblower to prevent clogging #41  
I use EZ-Slide, a graphite paint, on my blower chute. ~~ grnspot110

Attachments

• EZ-SlideFam.gif
    EZ-SlideFam.gif
    88.1 KB · Views: 243
   / spray Pam on your snowblower to prevent clogging #42  
I use EZ-Slide, a graphite paint, on my blower chute. ~~ grnspot110

Never tried it myself but what about KY - That stuff seems pretty slick.:laughing: Of course your wife might wonder what you are doing haulling it all out to the shed.

/ spray Pam on your snowblower to prevent clogging #43  
Go with the "Pam" it may not be the best but you will get some comedy relief
( interesting language)

when the wife needs it and finds that you used it all.

Dan

/ spray Pam on your snowblower to prevent clogging #44  
I smear a stick of butter on the inside of my chute / impeller housing before each storm. :thumbsup:

You sir, apparently aren't worried about your snow machine's cholesterol! :D

/ spray Pam on your snowblower to prevent clogging #45  
After finding out from my brother (tree surgeon) that he and all his colleagues use vegetable oil for their chain-lube in their saws, I use it too, but realised that it might work to keep the snow off things.

I now have an old paint spray-gun with it's pot full of sunflower oil... whenever the back-blade and bucket end up dry, I give them a good coat of oil. .... and nothing sticks. Same for the tractor itself: A light dusting on the wheels, axles underbelly makes sure that no snow sticks :)

/ spray Pam on your snowblower to prevent clogging #46  
I use nothing. I keep the snowblower at the same temperature as outside. I do not have problems with it sticking except after snow blowing I have to keep auger cable engaged, because the snow will melt down and freeze linkage up, when I start it again it will thaw out shortly after.

/ spray Pam on your snowblower to prevent clogging #47  
I used to spray Pam on my cross country skis, and it worked real well. I haven't skied in a few years, and since discovered Fluid Film. If I ever get the skis out again, I would use FF instead of Pam.

/ spray Pam on your snowblower to prevent clogging #48  
Based upon comments I read on TBN, I picked up some FF at a local NAPA store and used it on my snowblower and a metal shovel. Today we got a nice sticky, wet snow - and while I have never had a problem with chute clogging, when I was done there was very little snow packed into the usual corners, and what there was broke free with ease. It also did a great job keeping the snow from sticking to the shovel, which has always been a PITA.

Fluid Film may be one of the best tips I have picked up in a while, and is one I will share with others.

JB

/ spray Pam on your snowblower to prevent clogging #49  
I've been using black Graphite for a long time ,works well for me,
I also spray the loader bucket and the backhoe bucket once in a while !

/ spray Pam on your snowblower to prevent clogging #50  
Use what ever lubricant available on hand. Maybe not green nor eco friendly.
But to my credit - I do buy a spray can of cheap vegtable oil based no - stick pan lubricant every winter - and living in A Great Lakes Snow Belt Area - must say - I make it through each winter okay with great success.
How many ways can it be said - this is a no-brainer?