Snowing in South Carolina!!

/ Snowing in South Carolina!! #1  

kebo

Elite Member
Tractor
2001 John Deere 790 4x4, bar tires
Yeah, I know you folks up north are probably sick and tired of pushing, throwing & shoveling, but this is the first we've had in a LONG time so I got to shout out about it!! :D
It started here about 3pm today and looking at the radar, it should go on until about midnight or so. Good thing tomorrow's a Saturday, everything will be shutdown for sure! Coming home from work all the grocery stores were packed, at the very first snowflake we clean out the bread shelves and milk coolers LOL!! I know this is nothing compared to what folks had in Washington, etc. but it's big to us. The best part about our snow is it'll all be gone in a day or two so we don't really need or have snow removal equipment. I might get up in the morning and crank up the Honda Foreman and take a spin around the 'hood & buzz my neighbors!

Housesnow004.jpg

Housesnow001.jpg

/ Snowing in South Carolina!! #3  
I guess I'll have to move farther south than SC to get away from the snow.

Didn't you have a post a few weeks back about how it was starting to feel like spring down there?

That second picture is beautiful, looks like a christmas card.

/ Snowing in South Carolina!!

Didn't you have a post a few weeks back about how it was starting to feel like spring down there?

Can't remember for sure, but I might have been bragging about one of our 65 degree days down here LOL!!! That's what's crazy about SC, next weekend it might be back up to 65 again! Thanks, I'll have a chance to take some more pic's in the morning, it's STILL coming down pretty good.

/ Snowing in South Carolina!! #5  
PLEASE KEEP IT DOWN THERE

I've had my lot for this year next you guys can keep it

tom

/ Snowing in South Carolina!! #6  

Didn't you have a post a few weeks back about how

I am as far south as you can get without being in the gulf of Mexico or the Peninsula of FL . We had 2 inches today. Might have to get a snow blower.....

Looks like where I'm at (Lexington, SC) we wound up with about 5-7 inches. Not bad for a Southern state! It's pretty much quit falling now, time to start "digging out"!!

/ Snowing in South Carolina!! #8  
Dig out fast, before it melts away..:D :D

We've had at least 6" on the ground since Dec. 1 (that is '09 :) ). I like it this way, as we've had no mud, no bugs, no snakes.

And we wake up to that beautiful scene every day. Enjoy it while it lasts. :)

Update - The morning after......

This is the same view as the second picture in my OP. Beautiful morning!!

Snowcoveredstreet.jpg

/ Snowing in South Carolina!! #10  
Update - The morning after......

This is the same view as the second picture in my OP. Beautiful morning!!

Snowcoveredstreet.jpg

It is beautiful!! We have had quite a bit of snow up here around Winston-Salem, NC. I moved here from Ohio to get away from the white stuff!:mad:
Oh well ..... it is pretty!