Silver Member
    Tractor
    B7510 HST

Default King Kutter 5\' Box Blade and BX2200

Anyone know if a BX2200 can handle the King Kutter 5' Box Blade? The kubota site shows a 4' in the implements list.

Tractor
    Kubota B2710

Default Re: King Kutter 5\' Box Blade and BX2200

I have a 60 inch on my B2710. It handles it fine, but occasionally I'll lose traction with a full box. I would not want a wider blade on my tractor and it is (by compact standards) a much bigger tractor than the BX. I think you will be frustrated and disappointed with the results with a 60 inch on a BX. Any BX owners out there that have experience with a wide box blade?

Turfman

Tractor
    Satoh S650G, MF135, MF165, JD5205

<font color=blue>...The kubota site shows a 4' in the implements list...</font color=blue>

Why... wouldn't you believe Kubota... the mfr.?

I think you'd be amazed at the strength of "mother nature" if you even used a 4' unit...

You have to realize the limitations of your sub-compact tractor and the original design intent... after enough times of undue stress... something has to give...

Mother nature and the laws of physics normally always wins... [img]/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Tractor
    B2400 Kubota

AMEN

Silver Member
    Tractor
    B7510 HST

The reason I was asking is because I can get the 5' box blade for 299.00 and it is in stock. I hate waiting for special orders! From the sounds of everyones reply the 5' is too big for this tractor. I guess I will look into ordering the 4' box blade. Thanks for everyone feedback.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2200

I have a BX2200 with a 4' land pride box blade which I think is a good match. I recall reading somewhere that kubota is recommending a 42" box scraper. A 5' might work for some light duty grading but I'm sure you will loose traction before the box can fill up.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota GL3430 HST

My dealer recommended a 4' box blade for my b7500. It might be worth the wait and not damage your bx to use a 4'.

Tractor
    JD 4200, JD B, JD 50

There is now way that your BX is going to drag that 5ft box blade around. I think you will get much much better results with 42in to 48 in boxblade.

Tractor
    Kubota BX2200, JD LX277, Cub Lo-Boy

I have a 48" box blade for my BX. The BX runs out of umphhh before the box gets full. Definitely do not get more than a 48" model. The BX would not be able to do much of anything with a 5' model.