Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tractor
    Kubota B2710

Default Re: GREASEING DEBATE

Well....I'll probably wash Rising Sun this weekend, after a job I have on Saturday. I'll get all the grease off then. It won't look so bad after a bath, so when I do it next time I'll probably leave the grease on her.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    L4610,BX2200,ZD28F

One of our mowers has 42 grease zirks,I don't take the time to wipe off any excess,but I do use surgical latex gloves while servicing.

Tractor
    Kubota B7500 HSD

Frank-I'm a neatnik also. Since my tractor is fairly new I just greased her for the first time this weekend. I wiped the ones that show on the outside for the same reasons someone else mentioned, I don't want to rub my shirt up against it. The rest of them I just left it on. Latex gloves and workshop paper towels really do work great.

Richard

Tractor
    Kubota B1700 TLB

with petroleum products I use Nitrile gloves. they are much more resistent to punctures also.
    I use cheap paper towels to get the bulk grease off the joints and fittings then shop towels.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    L4610,BX2200,ZD28F

Nitrile gloves,I'll have to try some,the Latex gloves are a little thin for this type of use,but better than nothing...Thanks for the tip.

cj7
    Gold Member
    Tractor
    L2500

Not trying to be funny here...

What is everbody doing that they get grease all over them from their tractor?

I use my tractor a good bit and do not have this problem.

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

I get grease contact when attaching / removing things from my 3pt hitch. I keep the threads on the toplink lubed, and the adjustable link has a lube point, and I lube the hitch pin points and on the top link swivel as well. Probably overkill, but then.. I never did this on my yanmar 1700, and I replaced the adjustable lift link once.. and it might have been a failure due to no lube.

Soundguy

<font color=blue>"What is everbody doing that they get grease all over them from their tractor?

I use my tractor a good bit and do not have this problem. "

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123