GREASEING DEBATE

/ GREASEING DEBATE #21  
Well....I'll probably wash Rising Sun this weekend, after a job I have on Saturday. I'll get all the grease off then. It won't look so bad after a bath, so when I do it next time I'll probably leave the grease on her.

/ GREASEING DEBATE #22  
One of our mowers has 42 grease zirks,I don't take the time to wipe off any excess,but I do use surgical latex gloves while servicing.

/ GREASEING DEBATE #23  
Frank-I'm a neatnik also. Since my tractor is fairly new I just greased her for the first time this weekend. I wiped the ones that show on the outside for the same reasons someone else mentioned, I don't want to rub my shirt up against it. The rest of them I just left it on. Latex gloves and workshop paper towels really do work great.

Richard

/ GREASEING DEBATE #24  
with petroleum products I use Nitrile gloves. they are much more resistent to punctures also.
I use cheap paper towels to get the bulk grease off the joints and fittings then shop towels.

/ GREASEING DEBATE #25  
Nitrile gloves,I'll have to try some,the Latex gloves are a little thin for this type of use,but better than nothing...Thanks for the tip.

/ GREASEING DEBATE #26  
Not trying to be funny here...

What is everbody doing that they get grease all over them from their tractor?

I use my tractor a good bit and do not have this problem.

/ GREASEING DEBATE #27  
I get grease contact when attaching / removing things from my 3pt hitch. I keep the threads on the toplink lubed, and the adjustable link has a lube point, and I lube the hitch pin points and on the top link swivel as well. Probably overkill, but then.. I never did this on my yanmar 1700, and I replaced the adjustable lift link once.. and it might have been a failure due to no lube.

Soundguy

<font color=blue>"What is everbody doing that they get grease all over them from their tractor?

I use my tractor a good bit and do not have this problem. "