nylon bucket edge

/ nylon bucket edge #1  

Steven

Gold Member
Tractor
KUBOTA BX-22
Has anyone made or thought of making a nylon edge similar to a cutting edge on a snow plow that could be mounted to the loader bucket almost the same way a tooth bar is mounted on. I think this would help when you remove snow on a sealed driveway because it would not leave all those scrap marks. I have been throwing this idea around and may put one together to try it out for this winter (I know its only August but I like to think ahead) any comments or ideas are welcomed, or pictures if you may have made one.

/ nylon bucket edge #2  
Unless you are a DuPont, I doubt anyone could afford the cost of a Nylon wear strip.
Airport snow removal equipment uses a rubber scraper blade, and the same idea could be applied to a loader bucket, or better yet, a snow pusher that fit in place of the bucket.
Using a loader on snow is only efficient in terms of gaining seat time.

/ nylon bucket edge #3  
Not a bad idea, here are a couple of links of people who make the urethane edges. Might help get the ideas flowing.

http://www.cue-inc.com/page5.htm

http://www.snopusher.com/

Gordon

/ nylon bucket edge #4  
Steven, I like your idea and have been considering doing the same. I plan to remove snow this winter with my new back blade but I know I will use the FEL in a few spots. I have a 400 ft concrete driveway and 30 x 70 slab in front of the garage. I was also thinking about putting gauge wheels on my back blade /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ nylon bucket edge #5  
<font color=blue>"I was also thinking about putting gauge wheels on my back blade."</font color=blue>

Hey Jerry!

Here's an idea! Why don't you think about relocating your turn signals from your fenders up on the ROPS! /w3tcompact/icons/clever.gif

Now wouldn't that be a novel idea? /w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ nylon bucket edge #6  
/w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif I feel you are toying with me /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

I'm going to send over a few of these to see you /w3tcompact/icons/mad.gif

/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Attachments

• 47-181286-yellowjacket.jpg
    47-181286-yellowjacket.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 147
   / nylon bucket edge #7  
<font color=blue>"I'm going to send over a few of these to see you."</font color=blue>

Yeow!! /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

I give!! I give!!/w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

/ nylon bucket edge #9  
<font color=blue>"Play nice, or I'm gonna have to call a moderator to break it up!!!!"</font color=blue>

Awwww geesh! /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif We don't get to have any fun anymore! /w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif/w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif