Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tractor
    KUBOTA BX-22

Default nylon bucket edge

Has anyone made or thought of making a nylon edge similar to a cutting edge on a snow plow that could be mounted to the loader bucket almost the same way a tooth bar is mounted on. I think this would help when you remove snow on a sealed driveway because it would not leave all those scrap marks. I have been throwing this idea around and may put one together to try it out for this winter (I know its only August but I like to think ahead) any comments or ideas are welcomed, or pictures if you may have made one.

Default Re: nylon bucket edge

Unless you are a DuPont, I doubt anyone could afford the cost of a Nylon wear strip.
    Airport snow removal equipment uses a rubber scraper blade, and the same idea could be applied to a loader bucket, or better yet, a snow pusher that fit in place of the bucket.
    Using a loader on snow is only efficient in terms of gaining seat time.

Tractor
    L4310hst-loader-hydraulic top link

Not a bad idea, here are a couple of links of people who make the urethane edges. Might help get the ideas flowing.

http://www.cue-inc.com/page5.htm

http://www.snopusher.com/

Gordon

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    New Holland TC30 Hydro 4x4, Gravely Zero Turn Mower

Steven, I like your idea and have been considering doing the same. I plan to remove snow this winter with my new back blade but I know I will use the FEL in a few spots. I have a 400 ft concrete driveway and 30 x 70 slab in front of the garage. I was also thinking about putting gauge wheels on my back blade [img]/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Elite Member
    Tractor
    None -yet. Until then FunBuggy (EZ-Go) will have to do!

<font color=blue>"I was also thinking about putting gauge wheels on my back blade."</font color=blue>

Hey Jerry!

Here's an idea! Why don't you think about relocating your turn signals from your fenders up on the ROPS! [img]/w3tcompact/icons/clever.gif[/img]

Now wouldn't that be a novel idea? [img]/w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif[/img][img]/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    New Holland TC30 Hydro 4x4, Gravely Zero Turn Mower

[img]/w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif[/img] I feel you are toying with me [img]/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I'm going to send over a few of these to see you [img]/w3tcompact/icons/mad.gif[/img]

[img]/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Elite Member
    Tractor

<font color=blue>"I'm going to send over a few of these to see you."</font color=blue>

Yeow!! [img]/w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

I give!! I give!![img]/w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Veteran Member
    Cambridge New York (north of Albany, next to Vermont)
    Tractor
    Kubota L4630, with cab and loader, 1951 Ferguson TO-20, 1967 Oliver 1550 with fel

Hey you guys!!! Play nice, or I'm gonna have to call a moderator to break it up!!!![img]/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Elite Member
    Tractor

<font color=blue>"Play nice, or I'm gonna have to call a moderator to break it up!!!!"</font color=blue>

Awwww geesh! [img]/w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif[/img] We don't get to have any fun anymore! [img]/w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif[/img][img]/w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif[/img]

Veteran Member
    Cambridge New York (north of Albany, next to Vermont)
    Tractor
    Kubota L4630, with cab and loader, 1951 Ferguson TO-20, 1967 Oliver 1550 with fel

You guys behave, or we'll turn this tractor right around and take you home!! And no more whinning either!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast