Ok

/ Ok #1  

robert23239

Hello all,

I am sure we all love the operation and of what it takes to farm.
Once in awhile I enjoy that great sound and feel of what it takes to drive that power. So I was thinking, as a farmer for me the whole thing is great but driving that special tractor makes it a personal high, makes me feel a winner .
In your farming experience what makes you feel like a winner ??
Enjoy !

R.

/ Ok #2  
I don't farm anymore, but for me it was the smell of freshly tilled ground in the spring. Now I like to watch our renters' JD 83xx tractors under load; love the sound of all that power.

/ Ok #3  
I personally don't farm but live in the middle of farm country and have friends and family that farm. I also love and will never get tired of the smell of fresh tilled soil in the spring.

kj

/ Ok #4  
Feel like a winner! :) I love the smell of fresh cut hay, the way the mud and cowpiles squish under my boots when I get to the barn, the smell, and feel of just tilled soil, and the taste of a tomato right off the vine. The sight of the seedlings as they poke through the soil. The joy of the gentle summer rain on the garden (no I'm not really a farmer so I have a garden not a field), when the plants cry for moisture. The fresh breeze mixed with a touch of diesel exhaust and a fresh cut pasture aroma. Ahhh the country life, where the clouds can be seen without having to look up past the buildings, where horns and automobile noises are replaced by the occasional squak of a crow or the bleats of cattle. Breezes in any season which cool the soul in a bath of country air. These are the things which make the tractor seat time even a better experience. Being able to auger a post hole, tumble the dirt in the disks, turn it over with a plow, and rework a road with a box blade. Filling the FEL with a bucket of soil, dumping it in the pot holes, leveling a site, WHO WOULDN'T love the ability to do all the things a tractor can do?

Yeah, those things make me feel like a winner. I just wish I had more time to do all those things more and more.....