Mowing Sickle Bar Mower?

/ Sickle Bar Mower? #11  
Took the deflector off and it seems to be working better. The bar doesn't hold the grass as much so the knifes are free to do their job.

I am curious - What do you mean by the deflector on your sickle bar mower. I have a sickle bar but I don't think I have a deflector so I am wondering what it is.

/ Sickle Bar Mower? #12  
I am curious - What do you mean by the deflector on your sickle bar mower. I have a sickle bar but I don't think I have a deflector so I am wondering what it is.

Not sure if that is what they call it but it is the piece that attaches to the far end of the bar that angles back in towards the tractor. About 2 feet long.

/ Sickle Bar Mower? #13  
Grass board. Used to separate the cut grass from the just cut row from the next uncut row.

/ Sickle Bar Mower? #15  
Ah Ok. Thanks. Now I know what you mean. I do have one of those. I like it for cutting fields but take it off for roadside cutting because it catches on the ground if you have to zigzag around stuff. Especiall on inside turns.

/ Sickle Bar Mower? #16  
hello gaproperty, I believe you have an incorrect "lead" on your sickle bar . The correct "lead" is that the bar should be slightly forward of 90 degrees to the tractor. I can't remember what the exact lead is as it is many years since I operated one. When the bar is dragging (behind the 90 degree line) you will get a cut like you descibe (NB you can over lead and get similar symptoms) Also when you have got the correct lead the mower will feel "lighter " when cutting.
Some where on the mower will be an adjustment for lead.

/ Sickle Bar Mower? #17  
hello gaproperty, I believe you have an incorrect "lead" on your sickle bar . The correct "lead" is that the bar should be slightly forward of 90 degrees to the tractor. I can't remember what the exact lead is as it is many years since I operated one. When the bar is dragging (behind the 90 degree line) you will get a cut like you descibe (NB you can over lead and get similar symptoms) Also when you have got the correct lead the mower will feel "lighter " when cutting. Some where on the mower will be an adjustment for lead.
thanks. I will try that.