Hour meter operation??

/ Hour meter operation?? #31  
In my MF manual, it states the GC2400/GC2410 hours are calculated at 1800 RPM average, and the GC2600/GC2610 hours are calculated at 2330 RPM average, which means "lower RPM's = lower hours :D.

Some fire engines have odometer and hour meter. On scene, you may be running while scene lights and stuff are on. The midship pump runs with the tranny in gear; I do not remember if it shows as miles.

One of our engines has extra hours on it; almost 10. Does not seem like much, but that was one incident. Engine/Medic responded to medic call; person had been shot. The shooter was still thee, and threatened. Medic unit was able to drive away; logistics required abandoning the engine for crew safety so they literally ran from the scene. Was hours before they could go back in. Person was holed up for a while, shot Deputies, before all was done(person finally shot themself). Bad call to be on... Still, would be on the hour meter.

And, it would be FUN to have an old late 50's American LaFrance :D Hours or not :D

Hey RobertN, F.Y.I. I use to live in Pollock Pines for about 11 years in the mid 1980's to the mid 1990's. Great location in the Sierra Nevada Mountains, but I believe I have found a much better place to live that is a lot closer to God :) :) :).
That incident you mentioned above, I had worked with a couple of those deputies back in the 1990's and was glad to hear that they all survived!!!

You also may know, back in 1864 a deputy was shot and killed at the Somerset House; and then again in the 1990's another deputy was shot many times but did survive at the same Somerset House location; and then again in the 1990's, with great training from the Sheriff's Department, my partner and I tackled an individual with a loaded handgun at the same Somerset House location, no shots fired :thumbsup:. If you see any of the EDSO Deputies, tell them hi and to be safe so that after each shift, they can go home to their familes :thumbsup:!!! KC

/ Hour meter operation?? #32  
Some fire engines have odometer and hour meter.

There's just no telling how many vehicles are like that. I know the Matco Tool trucks have both and I've no doubt it's true of the Snap-On, MAC, Cornwell and other tool trucks. You know those are air-conditioned rolling showrooms and the engines run all day. So the scheduled maintenance; i.e., oil changes, are based on the hour meter rather than the odometer.

And while I'm not absolutely sure, I believe the hour meter is a clock rather than RPM based.

/ Hour meter operation?? #33  
The niftiest setup I have seen for determining when service is due was on the last big truck I owned. It had a Cummins N-14 engine with electronic controls and on the dash was an LCD display that (among other things) showed fuel mileage and advised when service was due based on gallons of fuel burned since the last service.

/ Hour meter operation?? #34  
Should see one or two tonight; One is the charter rep for our Boy Scout Troop(although he lateraled from another dept just after that incident).

If you see any of the EDSO Deputies, tell them hi and to be safe so that after each shift, they can go home to their familes :thumbsup:!!! KC

/ Hour meter operation??
Thanks for all of the posts and knowledge.

In summary it appears that there are several ways "hours" can and are recorded even on similar equipment. Often an hour does not mean 60 clock minutes. In some applications it does.

That information is what was being sought so there is much appreciation for the willingness of folks to share their experiences by posting here on TBN.

/ Hour meter operation?? #36  
I've got a 2011 JD 2720. It registers .7hours, operating for 1hr at 1600 rpm. It measures .9 hour, operating for 1hr at 1800 rpm.

Those are the only two measurements I have so far. I'll try mowing at 2600 next time.

/ Hour meter operation?? #37  
This is an old thread and I may have missed it, but I don't believe the DK35 SE was reported. It is different from the older DK35 reported near the start of this thread.

The 2011 DK35 SE (and 40, 45, 50) record the engine run time ignoring the rpm's. It determines the engine is running by determining that the alternator is charging.