My Wife Killed My New Tractor

/ My Wife Killed My New Tractor #1  

BigDave

Platinum Member
Tractor
New Holland TC33D
/w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif I took delivery my new tractor this past Monday. Monday evening, I did some mowing and about an hour's worth wood chipping, cleaned off the tractor and then went on a 3-day business trip. After 3 long days and one more at work, I fnally had the chance to take my new baby out for a ride. I took it out of the shed, and decided to take the opportunity to give my wife some instructions on tractoring. I parked the tractor in the front yard and shut it down. I coaxed her onto the tractor and went over all of the controls & adjustments. Since, I weigh 200lbs more than her, there were some significant adjustments. Anyway, it was time to start the tractor, I told her to turn the key part way and wait for the cold starting light to go out. At the right time she started the tractor, but then a few seconds later the cold starting came back on. I thought that was odd, so I reached over to turn on the lights to see the control panel clearly, and THE TRACTOR DIED. /w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif She tried restarting, but not a sound from the starter. I checked all of the levers, and everything was in the correct position. IT WAS DEAD. /w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif My wife thought this was a godsend, because she klled my brand new 2600lb tractor and I would never let her ride it again. I don't think I should let her off that easy, maybe I should encourage her to use the tractor but implement a "3 strikes rule"...something like if you break the tractor three times, you buy me a new one. /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif Any other ideas? I think I can get some mileage out of I CAN"T BELIEVE YOU KILLED MY TRACTOR.

I'll post my trouble report in the NH Owning/Operating area.

/ My Wife Killed My New Tractor #2  
BigDave,

Please keep us updated here. We orange people like to hear about the problems that happen with the blue and green. :)

I was almost a blue owner untill I talked to the service people about which they saw more of. It may be just a regional thing. but orange won out in my case. I haven't been disapointed yet.

I hope that your problem is something simple. There is nothing worse than having a new toy and not being able to play with it. :(

A tractor no matter what color is what draws us all together.

Good luck and enjoy,

/ My Wife Killed My New Tractor #3  
When this happens to my 25D, I move the mid-PTO handle forward a little, even though it looks like it's in the starting position, and it starts.

/ My Wife Killed My New Tractor #4  
Do you think she might have spent the three days while you were out of town figuring out just how to do that so she could see the look on your face /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif? You should implement an "implement" rule. She owes you an implement!

/ My Wife Killed My New Tractor #5  
Always rember a woman can stop anything from working.Fix the tractor and let well enough alone.

/ My Wife Killed My New Tractor
dgood1,

I don't want to get caught in a brand fight, but my dealer sells both <font color=orange> Orange </font color=orange> and <font color=blue> Blue. </font color=blue> He claimed they had similar repair histories, just <font color=blue> Boomers </font color=blue> cost a little more, but had more features. He didn't push either brand, and even encouraged me to look at <font color=green> Green. </font color=green> I took a look at <font color=green> Green </font color=green>, and visited a couple other single brand dealers: all pointed out problems with their competitor's machines, even problems with <font color=orange> Orange. </font color=orange> I decided to go with <font color=blue> Blue </font color=blue> and the first dealer. He wanted me to buy a tractor from him, but he also wanted me to buy the tractor that was the best for me, even if it was <font color=green> Green. </font color=green> I drove, studied, read posts about them all, and picked <font color=blue> Blue. </font color=blue>

After reading posts in each brand's discussion area, I knew to expect warranty claims, and some scratched paint no matter which brand I purchased.

The problem should be minor, it looks like a blown fuse.

I like how you think. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif I was thinking of getting nylon blade insert for snow removal with my rear blade, but maybe now I'll get a...../w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ My Wife Killed My New Tractor #8  
<font color=blue>I reached over to turn on the lights to see the control panel clearly, and THE TRACTOR DIED.</font color=blue>

My wife read that sentence and she thinks that she needs to have a little chat with your wife. /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif Seems that it was still running until you turned on the lights. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif So, she wants to know. Who was it that killed your tractor???????

Oh you caught that. /w3tcompact/icons/clever.gif I'm not sure if the lights killed it or the fact that the quick start heater overloaded the circuit. The lights aren't on the circuit that blew. My wife readily accepted that her kharma killed the tractor, but it was probably a 50 cent switch. I replaced the fuse with a smaller one and it ran fine. I'll try to replicate the problem this morning prior to calling my dealer today.

Does this mean I can't get a new implement? /w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif

/ My Wife Killed My New Tractor #10  
<font color=blue>Oh you caught that.</font color=blue>

Well yes, I caught it but just kept reading. It was the wife that wanted to know why you were blaming your wife. After all, 'you' are the one that brought the tractor out and 'you' are the one that coaxed her up on it, 'you ' are the one that told her what to do and 'you' are the one that turned on the lights and killed it. 'The wife's comments, not mind'./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif She doesn't read much of the TBN stuff and I guess that she thought that you were real serious about it. I tried to explain but I don't think that I got anywhere. /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif I promise to keep her away from your wife so if you can get a new toy out of it, go for it. Oops, I meant to say tool.
Good Luck