Monster 40" Storm Predicted for Mid-Atlantic for March 7

/ Monster 40" Storm Predicted for Mid-Atlantic for March 7 #11  
I wasn't complaining about the two bigger storms, I had fun. We've had about 4 plowable snow events this year; I don't know what everyone is complaining about.

Plowing was fun...and if you wanted seat time, you sure got it!!
But if you had to leave your estate (go to work, for example)...well, the roads sure weren't much fun!
I enjoy plowing snow...definitely the first storm (plowed on Sunday when it was over). The second storm wasn't as much fun...maybe too much of a good thing! Plowing is fun, but shoveling the porches and clear a path for the dog to pee...not as much fun.
But I am glad we got some good accummulation after a 6 year lapse.

/ Monster 40" Storm Predicted for Mid-Atlantic for March 7
Plowing was fun...and if you wanted seat time, you sure got it!!
But if you had to leave your estate (go to work, for example)...well, the roads sure weren't much fun!
I enjoy plowing snow...definitely the first storm (plowed on Sunday when it was over). The second storm wasn't as much fun...maybe too much of a good thing! Plowing is fun, but shoveling the porches and clear a path for the dog to pee...not as much fun.
But I am glad we got some good accummulation after a 6 year lapse.

I was out there in the nasty wind at 5 AM clearing the driveway so my wife, who is an ICU Nurse at Hershey Med could go to work. That part wasn't so fun, as both days it was quite windy. Once again, yesterday, I was out there at 5 AM -- 40 MPH winds -- also sucked. We didn't have much accumulation, but had 14-18" drifts. I was able to work from home (laptop/internet connection) for the big Wednesday storm, but went in yesterday. I drove through at least one 2-foot drift on a rural road. Good thing I drove my truck, as even thought I have good snow tires on my car, I don't think it would have made it.

I too had a clear the decks, and a path for the dog to do her thing. I did, however, find a way to get my walk behind snow blower up on the decks for this second storm :D

/ Monster 40" Storm Predicted for Mid-Atlantic for March 7 #13  
I remember when Buffalo got all that snow. Here in Kalamazoo, MI the snow was over my privacy fence (6ft) in 3 days (lake effect off of Lake Michigan). I couldn't see the outline of the back yard. We were shoveling the roofs that year. Couldn't use the roof rakes as the snow was already over your head. I got lucky as some college kid came around and offer to shovel the roof for $50. I said ok, and he said he would be back the next day, so I sported out a c-note and said will that get you up there now. Needless to say he was there all day. It was bitter cold and he didn't really stop the whole time he was there. I offered him lunch and dinner and he wouldn't come down off the roof. We he was done he just stepped off the roof into the snow he just shoveled off. He finally made it to the the door, I had him come in to warm up and asked why he did come down for lunch or dinner. He said "Mister, if I did, I probably wouldn't have got back up there." I asked if he was going to offer to do any more roofs, he said he would but for a lot more money. Thats when I gave him the $200 and told him to charge that much, he will still be busier than he really wanted to. But I remember Buffalo getting all the news and said what about us, we are in a sea of snow here. You know its gonna be a bad one when they bring our the 10 ft plows on the front of the trucks. Last year we got about 13 feet here, but this year it has been real easy so far....about 6 feet or so.

/ Monster 40" Storm Predicted for Mid-Atlantic for March 7 #14  
The earliest I can get a 3PTO Snow blower is March 18th - So i hope this is not going to actually happen:(

/ Monster 40" Storm Predicted for Mid-Atlantic for March 7 #15  
mid atlantic storm. sigh! send it over here!! :D More seat time!!!;):p