Monster 40" Storm Predicted for Mid-Atlantic for March 7

/ Monster 40" Storm Predicted for Mid-Atlantic for March 7 #1  

jas67

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B7610 + Kubota G1800-S
   / Monster 40" Storm Predicted for Mid-Atlantic for March 7 #2  
That would be OK with me... Just got a 72" snowblower for my L3410! Clearing the last round of snow was very time consuming with a 7' landscape blade & FEL.

/ Monster 40" Storm Predicted for Mid-Atlantic for March 7 #3  
If happens,one could say March came in more than lion..yikes.

/ Monster 40" Storm Predicted for Mid-Atlantic for March 7
That would be OK with me... Just got a 72" snowblower for my L3410! Clearing the last round of snow was very time consuming with a 7' landscape blade & FEL.

You'll be SO much happier with the blower for deep snow. I bought a 60" blower this year for my B7610 (similar to B2410). I was previously using a 5' rear blade & FEL. The blade works great for 5 inches or less, but above that, the blower rocks. I do need to get a wider blade (used the 5' with my B7100, but at an angle, my rear tires on the B7610 are a little wider).

Enjoy!

Jay

/ Monster 40" Storm Predicted for Mid-Atlantic for March 7 #5  
The last three snow storms dumped over 30" in three days here in upstate New York, I'm clearing the snow with a FEL and a back blade. It does the job but I sure miss my BX23 with a front snow blower, that's the ticket for the amount of snow we have been receiving.
DevilDog

/ Monster 40" Storm Predicted for Mid-Atlantic for March 7 #6  
In my area they misses all the three major storms that were supposed to damp 2 feet of snow.We had one of the least amount of snow so far.

The largest single snow event on record is 25 inches, so I definitely do not believe that we'll get 40.

/ Monster 40" Storm Predicted for Mid-Atlantic for March 7 #8  
If you recall, the Buffalo NY area got 7 feet in one week. That's 84"!!! These weren't drifts.
I was in Buffalo about a month ago. I asked about that snowfall and he was telling me how his son had to climb out of the windows to get outside (snow against the doors). Although Buffalo got most the attention, the most accumulation was south of Buffalo.
So, we can complain about the two storms we just had...but in comparison...they weren't that severe.

The largest single snow event on record is 25 inches, so I definitely do not believe that we'll get 40.

Not sure where you came up with that statistic, jas67...might apply to your area. We'e had more then25" accumulations in southern York County since 1987. In 1996, I think it was in excess of 30".

Not sure where you came up with that statistic, jas67...might apply to your area. We'e had more then25" accumulations in southern York County since 1987. In 1996, I think it was in excess of 30".

That was "official" numbers for Harrisburg, which probably means Middletown, where the airport is. I could swear I remember some deeper than that too.

I wasn't complaining about the two bigger storms, I had fun. We've had about 4 plowable snow events this year; I don't know what everyone is complaining about.