Raised Beds with Implements?

/ Raised Beds with Implements? #1  

fishpick

Platinum Member
Tractor
L4760 & BX24
Anyone have any luck using a single or two bottom plow to form a long raised bed for veggies? I was thinking you could make 1 run and then the other in the opposite direction rolling soil against the previous. That will give a crude hill - then you could straddle the hill and disk the top flat.

Any better ideas - short of a fancy (expensive) raised bed rotary plow or something else I can't afford :)

/ Raised Beds with Implements? #2  
This should do the job & it's not too spendy:

3 PT KEULAVATOR FRAME - Agri Supply

If you can weld you could probably knock one together for even less. I was just looking at the Agri Supply catalog thinking about doing the same this weekend.

-Jim

/ Raised Beds with Implements? #3  
I am trying this in my garden. I have a two bottom plough. I think I will run my tiller over the row to even it out and prepare for planting. I will post later and tell how it worked ...or not

/ Raised Beds with Implements? #5  
Ooooooooh. I wish I thought of using an old front end like Milknman, there - that's great. The axle setup is just about perfect and tie rod to adjust the "squeeze" is real nice, too. Need to remember to hitch up the trailer next trash day.
-Jim

/ Raised Beds with Implements? #6  
I decided over the winter to double the size of my garden and was looking to find equipment to help me plant and help keep the weeds down.

After looking at several possibilities I purchased the following hiller-bedder from the Smart Farmer. It seems to be well built and appears like it will do a fine job.

Right now I am in the process of restoring a Tye Jr. one row seeder to help with planting.

George

Attachments

• gb48003.jpg
    gb48003.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 414