1/4 inch - vs - position control

/ 1/4 inch - vs - position control #11  
I've always used a set of chains to keep my height the same on my tractors with the 1/4 inching valve. There is a bracket that that attaches along side the lower 3pt arms on the implement pin and a chain going up to the pin that holds the toplink to the tractor. At the toplink mount there are two more brackets that have a hole big enough for the chain to go through and a slot to slide the chain down in. That way once you get your initial height set... you can raise and lower as much as you want and it will go down to the same spot every time. Still a bit more work than position control but it achieves the same thing and it also takes the stress off the hydraulics and avoids "dropping down" as all 3 point hitches will do after a while... new tractor or not!

Thanks for the suggestion, do you have any pictures of your setup; clevis, bolt, hook method of attachment?

/ 1/4 inch - vs - position control #12  
Thanks for the suggestion, do you have any pictures of your setup; clevis, bolt, hook method of attachment?

I don't at the moment but I will take some Friday. The first set I had I bought. I let that set go with the tractor when I sold it and then couldn't find them to buy anymore. The best I could do was find the upper brackets that go on the toplink pin... I made the rest myself. Easy enough to do. Remind me if I don't post pics Friday!

/ 1/4 inch - vs - position control #13  
I don't at the moment but I will take some Friday. The first set I had I bought. I let that set go with the tractor when I sold it and then couldn't find them to buy anymore. The best I could do was find the upper brackets that go on the toplink pin... I made the rest myself. Easy enough to do. Remind me if I don't post pics Friday!

Will do, thanks.

/ 1/4 inch - vs - position control #14  
I did a little looking and found this pic of TBN user djradz's setup. Not exactly what I have but serves the same purpose.

31893d1104848851-setting-height-brushhog-558306-check-chains.jpg

/ 1/4 inch - vs - position control #15  
I did a little looking and found this pic of TBN user djradz's setup. Not exactly what I have but serves the same purpose.

31893d1104848851-setting-height-brushhog-558306-check-chains.jpg

Thanks, I have a place on my BX2660 to hook the chains. This will really help when using my rotary cutter.

/ 1/4 inch - vs - position control #16  
I am one of those who would pay about anything to have position control. Yes, I can live without it, but working with any 3-point implement is much easier for me with position control.

One of the main reasons I traded in a short period of time was position control. I was wrong in thinking that even though I had been using it for my whole life on regular sized tractors that I could maybe get away with not needing it because of the extra cost. Ended up using the 3PH more than I thought I would be due to the size and versatility of the tractor and so made the switch. Lesson learned - it is cheaper to do it right away than later on - plus you get reminded by your better half on a regular basis because you upgraded in such a short time - you want to avoid that if possible since that will also cost you! ;)

/ 1/4 inch - vs - position control #17  
TripleR,

I guess you still can get them. Here is the same setup I have.

/ 1/4 inch - vs - position control #18