It wasn't my day to die

/ It wasn't my day to die
Why did it roll back ? It should just have stalled ?

I am not sure. There have been other times that I have stalled the tractor using the frontend loader and have slid back to level ground. But this time I was over the edge before I could react. At the incline I was going down Icould not put enough pressure on the brake. I know when I tried to start it at the bottom of the hill the tractor was still in reverse. Are you saying that the tractor should not have gone backwards if it stalled?

/ It wasn't my day to die #12  
I know EXACTLY what you mean. I've had that same feeling a couple times in my life ( so far ).

Once, when I T-boned a car that pulled out in front of me as I was riding my motorcycle down the hi-way.

And once, when I was ejected from a car as it rolled over ( multiple times )
and my body slamming into a tree in the woods.

The only difference, is both times, it hurt like **** !

You are a very lucky man !

/ It wasn't my day to die
I 'm going to try posting pictures

/ It wasn't my day to die #15  
I rolled my Kubota trying to move a hay bale with the backhoe. Now I only use the backhoe for digging and lifting small things. Hard to define what a small thing is, you kind of have to use a pucker factor reaction. But if it's big enough to swing around, lift the front wheels, or affect the side to side balance of the tractor, then don't.

Very glad you were not hurt, thanks for sharing so the rest of of can learn without doing it the hard way.

Pete

Attachments

• kabota_tipped1.jpg
    kabota_tipped1.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 642
  • kabota_tipped2.jpg
    kabota_tipped2.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 641
   / It wasn't my day to die #16  
Glad your ok, Like others have stated the machine can be fixed, Just look up and say thank you to the man upstairs, Take care.

-Mike

/ It wasn't my day to die #17  
Glad you are OK.... good point re the chain, am sure you will get a long one and carry it forevermore:D

/ It wasn't my day to die #18  
Glad to hear you are ok as you said looking back you would have done things different hope that this lets you look at the next job from a couple of angles to be able to find the safest way to do it. But remember any accident you can walk away from is a good one:thumbsup:

Jon

/ It wasn't my day to die #19  
Dang..one just never knows..glad your still w/us.