Where do you keep your tractor?

/ Where do you keep your tractor? #11  
<font color=blue>"(see picture)."</font color=blue>

Uhhh....Bill......I think Larry forgot to attach the picture. /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

/ Where do you keep your tractor? #12  
I had used a tarp. I'll concur with the pain-in-the-neck statements. A real hassle, especially after you've been on the tractor all day and are tired/dirty and wanting to get home, only to have to put a monster tarp on in the dark. /w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif

For a short term solution (which may be a several year "short" term), I got a car cover from Harbor Freight for $130. (<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=projects&Number=159128&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1>Here's the link</A> to my earlier post on it.) I have plans to enclose the sides at some point, but at least in it's current state it blocks most of the direct sunlight and rain/hail, which was my main goal anyway. It has survived some pretty big storms so far, so I'm confident in its strength/ability. Sure, I'd prefer a big nice barn, but for cost & ease of setup, I like it a a lot better than the tarp solution. The link below takes you to some pictures I snapped of it. (click on the smaller pictures to blow them up.)

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.pbase.com/traxer128/tractor_cover>Tractor Cover</A>

/ Where do you keep your tractor? #13  
Well, I thought it was there./w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif
Tried again, and it still didn't take./w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif
Let's try it this way./w3tcompact/icons/clever.gif
2-167943-Notquiteafit.JPG

/ Where do you keep your tractor? #14  
Oh Tawoo? That's a pet name my wife calls me when she wants something. There's another when she's mad but I won't get into that..

/ Where do you keep your tractor? #15  
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=photos&Number=132610&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1/>Here</A> is what I made for tractor storage, from a previous thread. I am VERY much opposed to storing my tractor outside. It about killed me for just the first week until I had some form of a roof over her. It ain't pretty, but she's covered.

/ Where do you keep your tractor? #16  
My 1920 sits in my horse barn, and my 8n will too, as soon as I clear some junk out of it. For now, the 8n sits out next to the barn under what I call a 'shade' structure.. basically an 8'x8' tin roof on 4 4x4's... I made it for the horses and cows, but have since made an improvement to the barn that they can get under during weather. So the 8n gets it now, plus a big canvas tarp that it sopposed to be moisture repellent, and breathe. I think I'll leave it like this while restoring it, as it will be easier to work on all 4 sides of the open structure, rather than back it outta the barn every time I got 30 minutes to tinker with it.

Soundguy

/ Where do you keep your tractor? #17  
Paul:

My TC45D is parked in my garage (30x40 pole barn with concrete floor). I was fortunate in that I knew I was getting a tractor when I had it built, so it has 10' side walls. Not enough room for all the attachements, so right now they are all outside w/exception of whhichever is connected to tractor at any given time. When I build horse barn this fall, will be adding a 'lean-to' so that I can park implements under it and keep worst of the weather off of them.

IndianaPaul

/ Where do you keep your tractor? #18  
When I get the new(newer tractor) I will keep it in the work shop side of an unattached three car garage, which is where I keep the H now. The new (newer) tractor will replace the Farmall...... I been the tarp route and in northern Mich we can get a bunch of snow, not much fun screwing with a tarp. The tractor will be kept out of the weather.

/ Where do you keep your tractor? #19  
MDNick,
Good looking "temporary" shelter. One question though. Why the turf tires in such a hostile environment? No offense it just looks a lot like my property.
-T

/ Where do you keep your tractor? #20  
All of my tractors and equipment are stored inside. There is no doubt that equipment will last far longer and you will have fewer problems if it is stored inside. Now I'm talking about planters, balers, combines, sprayers. If all you have is box blades, etc. then that isn't such a big deal but equipment with moving parts the rain, rust and weather will cause you to have problems pretty quick.