Where do you keep your tractor?

/ Where do you keep your tractor? #31  
i keep my tractor and implements in the garage. don't leave anything out if i don't have to. don't like getting up or comming home to plow snow when the tractor is covered with it. much easier to just start it up and go. under cover is best for anything. my.02

/ Where do you keep your tractor? #32  
I let mine sleep in the garage out back, I call it my shed. I plan on raising the roof about two or three feet this fall and will add a door tall enough so I do not have to fold the rops. the walls are made of concrete blocks and I'll just go up about 3 more rows and put the roof back on.

/ Where do you keep your tractor? #33  
Paul

I keep my NH TC33D in a 12' by 18' (actually 11 1/4 by 17 1/2 interior.) It's a tight fit, I couldn't get a 6 ft belly mower through the doors, so I bought a 60". I store my FEL, rear blade, and chipper/shredder on top of four 4'x6'x3/4" rubber mats made for horse stalls. I keep them all under a 12' by 20' canvas tarp I found at TSC.

My shed is in the background.

Attachments

• 47-183356-raised_tractor_s.jpg
    47-183356-raised_tractor_s.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 70
   / Where do you keep your tractor? #34  
I am one of the unfortunates whose tractor lives outside. Maybe next year, after my house is built, I will be able to make better arrangements for it.

A while back I was looking at barns and storage buildings on the internet and ran across a website that made an interesting comment. It stated that farm equipment (including tractors) left out in the weather would depreciate in value by sixteen percent over five years. I assume this means sixteen percent beyond normal depreciation.

That means my tractor has already depreciated an additional 3% in the last year!/w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif Gotta get it inside soon!

/ Where do you keep your tractor? #35  
Mark,

And isn't Tyvek is considered permanemt siding in Maine?

Great writing, sounds like the Beans from Egypt..

Carl

/ Where do you keep your tractor? #36  
Paul,

Get yourself a 10x20 or so simple pipe/tarp garage for now available from Harbor Freight or Sams/Walmart for $130-140 then invest time into doing the right thing with your bldg.

There are many options for garage/barns/workshops that you should take the time to build what you want. You will pay for the bldg plus taxes for years to come so make an informed decision.

my 2 cents

Carl

/ Where do you keep your tractor? #37  
My B-7500 stayed in the garage for the first 4 months of her life until I build my shed, it's a 12 X 20 with a garage door.
I think your equipment will last longer if it is under cover.

/ Where do you keep your tractor? #38  
Inspector507,

If all that stuff is in the barn, where are the horses and 300 bales of hay? /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ Where do you keep your tractor? #39  
My Dad always said, with regard to farm equipment, "you pay for storage whether you have it or not". I believe that, seeing the damage that the sun and weather can do, that he was right. I have two pole barns, a 32' X 45" X 14' built by Wicks in 1978 and a 36' X 24" X 10" built by "me" in 1991. All equipment "toys" stored inside.

Gene

/ Where do you keep your tractor? #40  
KH

That looks like my neighbour's yard !!

Seriously I keep everything indoors. I won't have it if I can't keep it inside.

Keeps things much nicer and they last longer.

Guess it was how I was brought up.

Cheers