Where do you keep your tractor?

/ Where do you keep your tractor? #41  
the horse lives inside the house..............actually he's a German Shepard/Retriever mix /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Where do you keep your tractor?
I woke up this morning with the intention of placing a tarp on the baby. I really didn't want to do that but didn't wanted her out in the weather anymore. We are expecting showers today! Instead I made more room in the garage and gently folded back the ROPS. The weight of the ROPS is currently sitting on the edge of the canapy. The canapy seems to be made from fiberglass in is quite strong. It still bothers me to do this. This weekend I am going to figure a way to clamp on some hard foam rubber so that the ROPs bars take all of the weight.

I want to thank my better half (who will probably never actually read this) for all of her patience. Did I mention that I also put the rotary cutter in the garage too? This was the first opportunity I had to remove it. I envisioned some really torn up hands and some cursing when dealing with the 3ph. Instead it was off in a matter of minutes. It was extremely easy. It made my choice of the B2910 even a better decision.

So baby orange and its mower are sleeping peacefully indoors now away from the weather. She is sure beautiful when she sleeps /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif.

/ Where do you keep your tractor? #43  
My 8N sits outside and has for 20 years, never thought too much about storing it inside. Aren't tractors made for the great outdoors.

Then the brand new Kubota L3000DT came along and the though of it having to sit outside, or even work in the rain was horrible. The Kubota spends it's off time in the barn, car or truck sits outside now. A new shed is in order for both tractors and immplements.

Randy

/ Where do you keep your tractor? #44  
I have a 30x60 Morton building that I had built in 1974. Very satisfied with building and workmanship. The first thing to go was the eves troughs, as they rotted out, but in my neck of the woods, that is common as we have a lot of ice and snow. Would like to put up another the same size, but the prices had gone out of sight and my reach at the present time. Have also been looking at the Essex line of buildings which seem to be well made, but haven't got any prices as yet. If you can afford the Morton, I can highly recommend them, and I wish now that that I had built two of them.

/ Where do you keep your tractor? #45  
I'm not familiar with the Morton. Do they have a web site?

/ Where do you keep your tractor? #46  
Yes, they do have a web site. Here's a link to it.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.mortonbuildings.com/>Morton Buildings</A>

/ Where do you keep your tractor? #47  
Tawoo,

Well, I couldn't make up my mind. Turfs or R-4's. This is also my riding lawn tractor, so I wanted something easy on turf. Let's face it, an L3010 is hard on turf no matter what. Wanted all the help I could get. Occasionally I am still hard on turf. Having said that, Valvoline is researching southern Maryland clay to determine how to make a lubricant as slick. The turfs don't cut it in the monsoon season. But then, I am not sure the R-4's would be better. I would like to try R-4's as well, but my dealer had turfs, and they suit me 99% of the time. Most of the time the environment is not quite so hostile.

Nick

/ Where do you keep your tractor? #48  
My new NH1630 was outside for the first two years, now it is inside with the motorhome in a new garage built by a local contractor selling Americbuilt buildings, a company from MN.
It is a well built building and a lot cheaper than a Morton.

After two years outside, there was a small amount of fading on the hydro control lever covers. Other than the one item, it was fine. The storage keeps the sun off, which seems to be the biggest problem with outside storage.

Contrary to some of the things that I have read in these forums, rain does not hurt the tractor. provided that they are kept fairly clean and washed once in a while, so that a place for corrossion is kept to a minimum.

If you look at any of the old farm tractors, what do you see?

Fading of the paint, caused by the sun.

Keep them in the barn, shed or build a sunshade of some sort and it will keep them looking a lot newer, the rubber parts will last a lot longer and so will the seats.

/ Where do you keep your tractor? #49  
Gene,
Your Dad's axiom still holds true today. I think I'll start keeping my "baby" undercovers.
Thank you (and your dad).

/ Where do you keep your tractor? #50  
Begin laughing at will.....
Actually it fit pretty good except for height, length and width.

Attachments

• 47-184078-cut.JPG
    47-184078-cut.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 78